The Field Solution Architect (FSA)- Networking role focuses on pre-sales solution design. This role is responsible for working with internal and external sales teams to plan and organize sales strategies. The incumbent analyzes the sales environment including customer expectations, competitive environment as well as the customer's technical environment and define actions to be performed in the sales cycle timeframe.
The FSA- Networking develops and maintains strategic relationships with Sales Management of the teams they support and seen as a trusted advisor to grow business.
The FSA, Networking is expected to be subject matter expert in Networking solutions.
The incumbent in this role operates independently using standard approaches, existing tools, templates, and resources; shares knowledge and information that may benefit the team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Is a passionate learner who demonstrates continuous learning by proactively expanding technical depth in products, solutions, and services. If pertinent, achieves certifications in advanced technologies for CDW's Partner Certification Requirements.
• Operates with the perspective and insight that business needs, not just technology, establish the limits on what can be achieved.
• Designs technical solutions using standard approaches, considering the customer’s infrastructure limitations and opportunities; analyzes, interprets, and presents assessment results.
• Determines services that complement and/or round out proposed hardware and software engagements..
• Uses team tools, templates, resources, and processes for maximum efficiency, productivity, consistency, and high quality execution.
• Provides feedback to technology leaders where opportunities exist to improve offerings, design, and delivery execution.
• Conducts technology/solutions training for CDW audiences (e.g., Sales, Inside Solution Architects), using developed material.
• Contributes to the team’s knowledge base and readily shares knowledge with other FSAs, Inside Solution Architects, and Sales.
• Assists new team members by answering questions and sharing expertise on the tools of the job.
• Assists new hires by answering questions and sharing information.
• Follows up on implemented solutions and identifies new opportunities that complement the work that was completed.
• Researches and reviews customer profile information; applies knowledge of the vertical to develop customer intimacy prior to sales calls and/or strategy sessions.
• Assists customer in understanding their equipment maintenance contracts, upgrade needs, and renewals; analyses the most cost-effective approach for the customer (e.g., renew the contract or purchase new equipment and contract.)
• Uses various tools to calculate the Total Cost of Ownership and/or Return on Investment and explains to customers and Sales the business value of a solution and its benefits.
• Articulates to customers the Practice’s value proposition; articulates audience-centric version of the value proposition to customers, account managers, and partners and uses it to generate additional revenue opportunities for CDW.
• Guides (compares and contrasts) customers in their decision making within CDW Tier 1 Partners Technologies/Solutions (PAN vs. Fortinet, RSA vs. IBM); influences, guides and partners with customers to develop their IT strategy.
• Leads business-focused technology solution presentations at CDW, Customer, and Partner events and meetings in your territory.
• Uses technology assessments and demos as a sales tool for furthering sales opportunities; identifies cross sell-and/or up-sell opportunities for an engagement, equips/assists FSAs and Sales to pursue it.
• Collaborates with Partners, Inside Solution Architects (ISA) and Account Executives (AE) to drive mapped opportunities; fine tunes strategies and approaches to achieve greater sales results.
• Operates in a regular cadence with multiple partners to educate, plan, and execute on joint strategies in collaboration with multiple stakeholders (ISA, AE, Sales Managers, Field Sales); understands partner alignment in geography and leads customer opportunity mapping exercises; coordinates on-site partner visits.
• Develops a detailed and ambitious Security Practice Plan in collaboration with Partners, AEs, and ISAs and uses it to manage their business.
• Understands profit margin and how to increase profitability; works cooperatively with field sales to ensure healthy profitability. Leverages and maximizes partner pricing, partner registration programs, incentive programs, and special pricing, to win business and ensure healthy profitability, provides input on pricing to Account Managers, Field Sales, FSAs, and Partners to increase margin and deal size and position CDW for future opportunities; Produces marketing-type documents and materials (e.g., presentation) to customer in territory.
• Responds to questions about customer engagement history.
• Prioritizes time spent on opportunities based on potential return on investment.
• Produces Bills of Materials, including product maintenance;, RFPs, RFIs, and proposal content.
• Maintains pre-sales pipeline data, develops plans, and takes actions to move opportunities to closure.
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.