The Program Manager is the central liaison for the partner for working with CDW stakeholders across the organization including sales, purchasing, finance, and marketing. This position is responsible for leveraging market/industry data to develop a partner specific go to market strategy, maximizing revenue, profitability and awareness for their respective partner(s). The Product Manager interacts with senior level management and drives business growth.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Be a recognized expert and thought leader in the practical application of Microsoft Cloud solutions
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and services partners to build and execute on CDW’s Microsoft solution offerings
- Coordinate with Solutions and Services team to build and expand on in-house Microsoft solutions
- Engage software vendor partners to build co-sell offers with the Microsoft stack
- Develop and implement go-to-market strategies and business plans that outline target customer segments, products, pricing and positioning. Plans will include revenue forecast, market share goals, and utilization of CDW marketing vehicles which would include: promotions, campaigns, new product launches and other activities enhancing relationships with assigned partner(s)
- Be the subject matter expert in assigned categories and associated partner’s product lines and associated programs.
- Educate departments on new product introductions and programs, features and competitive advantages and opportunities to identify sales within their customer base.
- Analyze industry information and interface with multiple departments internally to identify opportunities and develop strategies to increase sales.
- Understand and communicate partner organizational structure, and foster relationships with management and key decision makers.
- Manage and maximize overall profitability; managing financial benefits and develop a strategy to invest funding.
- Build robust Microsoft Cloud solutions based on competitive and market understanding with CDW services partners
- Provide comprehensive reporting both internally and externally on partner performance, category performance, industry trends and market share
- Host business reviews to review partner performance and discuss joint initiatives.
- Provide appropriate content for marketing vehicles including websites and ensure internal system content related to the assigned vendors is up to date and on strategy.
- Responsible for maintaining key skus for all of vendor products, as well as work to ensure correct product information in all marketing materials related to assigned partner.
- Secure partner funding for CDW marketing vehicles.
- Recommend pricing on exclusive promotions. Stay current on competitive analysis to measure special pricing positioning as well as vendors positioning to facilitate product launch plans.
- Act as an escalation resource between assigned vendors and CDW.
Other Required Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years vendor, product management or related experience
- One-year minimum technical pre-sales or technical experience
- Experience with Microsoft Cloud technologies
- University degree or college diploma
- Technology product sales or marketing experience
- Demonstrated analytical and planning skills
- Aptitude for understanding new technologies
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Ability to manage many tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid presentation skills
- Solid industry and business knowledge
- Proficiency with MS Office software
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.