Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Coordinator provides project management and administrative support to ensure CDW Canada’s overall key marketing messages are communicated accurately, effectively and consistently to customer segments. This role coordinates the creation, development and day-to-day implementation of marketing tasks including digital and social marketing, direct marketing, e-commerce and special projects and assists with marketing operations and sales support.
- Coordinate and review marketing material (including web and digital merchandising) from planning to completion. Includes organizing and collecting information from the product team, reviewing and editing ad units, daily monitoring of activities to ensure production timelines are met, collaborating with the creative and product teams, and monitoring and tracking the status of complex projects.
- Build creative development schedules, maintain schedule with production stakeholders (designers, product management, and agency), schedule and facilitate activity kick-offs.
- Maintain and broaden social networking to benefit the organization including engaging, listening and responding to online audiences.
- Create and maintain budget paperwork for marketing plan activities.
- Provide support to the marketing team including: marketing finance, promotional material orders, supply and gift card orders, on-site marketing event support including coordinating and staffing internal and external events, set-up and tear-down, catering arrangements and other duties as required.
Execute media relations strategy and campaigns
Execute communication strategy to internal and external audiences
Produce engaging content including blog posts, bylines, keynote presentations, customer stories
Provide marketing and promotion support to marketing team as required which may require working evenings or weekends.
Interact heavily with Marketing, Partner and Product Management, Sales, and Finance functions.
This individual must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers, coworkers, vendors and any third-party suppliers.
Regular hours of the position are from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. however this individual must be able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends as required. Some travel is required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or marketing
- 2-4 years relevant experience required in marketing, advertising or communications
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications, with superior Excel skills
- Requires excellent time management skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Highly detail oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written communication skills, including proper spelling, grammar and punctuation, with the ability to effectively articulate information and interact with stakeholders both verbally and through written communication.
- Proven ability to proactively collaborate, take initiative, and creatively problem solve.
- This position requires a valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle