The Network Technical Specialist will be responsible for operational development and support of tier 1 Network solutions, such as wireless assessments, asset installation and tagging, site assessments, or network device implementations. This role will be key in supporting the implementation, support and on-going maintenance of CDW’s customer use of Network products and solutions.
The Network Technical Specialist will work in a fast paced services team, providing technical guidance to customers and sales on Network products and solutions and CDW services tied to those solutions. Responsibilities
- Maintain appropriate reference documentation to support the services offerings around the Network products for customers. Responsible for customer implementations including but not limited to wireless assessments, asset installation and tagging, site assessments, or network device implementations.
- Provide technical guidance and hands on involvement on projects involving working with new technologies. Support in development of new offerings around the Network solutions – with CDW resources and services partner resources.
- Support in launching new offerings to the sales organization once they have been developed, including training sales on the offering as needed.
- Support in developing marketing content for these new offerings.
- Responsible for customer overviews of Network technologies once a project has been completed.
- Report on customer interaction and services delivered to customers.
- Engage with the Solutions team to support further engagement and development of customer offerings in various solutions practices.
- Drive services sales for Network solutions and deliver to customers, through training and enablement of sales and development of offer documentation.
- Develop good working relationships with operations, project management, sales and solutions teams as well as build strong client relations.
- 1-year experience in an IT services role or 3+ years in an IT support.
- 1-year experience of working in a service provider/reseller environment and within defined formal project methodologies
- Strong working knowledge of Networking technologies such as Cisco, Meraki, HPE Aruba
- Demonstrable experience of documenting technical implementations
- Willingness to learn
Other Required Qualifications
- Familiar with VMware vSphere, Storage systems (specifically HPE Nimble/3Par and NetApp), Cisco UCS, Veeam Backup and Replication, CommVault beneficial
- Understanding of monitoring toolsets and processes
- Ability to work in a small team of skilled professionals
- Motivated with a “can do” attitude
- Quality and detail orientated
- Ability to influence others
- Excellent client facing skills and strong communicator
- Excellent organization and time management skills, with the ability to manage their own workload and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Able to achieve potential, stay inspired and motivated