This position supports the sku creation and continued maintenance of vendor product, ensuring CDW Canada is able to sell products to our customer base. The Datalab Specialist creates detailed product records (including product attributes and accessories) which appear on our extranet site and internally in our Winsales/SPS programs. Using manufacturer part numbers and descriptions, the Datalab Specialist will set up EDCs for our internal and external sites.Key Areas of Responsibility
- Create and maintain accurate sku data in AS400 as information comes from our sales team via New-12.
- Provide additional information as internal customers request updates, sku maintenance, set up and ensure service level agreements are met.
- Ensure all cost changes are accurate in the system as driven by vendor and distributor announcements.
- Work in conjunction with the Marketing department for processing and updating costs.
- Manage the Datalab mailbox which contains email queries from our sales team.
- Categorize new product records into the applicable product groups.
- Search manufacturer internet websites to find product attributes
- Purchase specific product group from distributors and or manufacturers
- Research and identify new products, alternative suppliers for hard to find product and alternative manufacturers
- College degree
- 2+ years Data Management/Purchasing experience
- Industry product knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook), and typing skills
- Computer literate with proficiency in internet browser usage
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ industry experience
- Advanced Computer literacy with sharp analytical skills and product knowledge
- Working knowledge of AS400 an asset