The Microsoft Technical Specialist will be responsible for operational development and support of Microsoft cloud solutions, both CDW delivered and public cloud based. This role will be key in supporting the implementation, support and on-going maintenance of CDW’s customer use of Microsoft cloud offerings.
The Microsoft Technical Specialist will work in a fast paced services team, providing technical guidance to customers and sales -on Microsoft cloud solutions and CDW services tied to those solutions. Key Areas of Responsibility
• Maintain appropriate reference documentation to support the services offerings around the Microsoft O365 Productivity Suite cloud platform for customers. Responsible for customer migrations including but not limited to Compute, Backup and Disaster Recovery services on to Microsoft O365 Productivity Suite
• Provide technical guidance and hands on involvement on projects involving working with new technologies. Support in development of new offerings around the Microsoft O365 Productivity Suite solutions – with CDW resources and services partner resources.
• Support in launching new offerings to the sales organization once they have been developed, including training sales on the offering as needed.
• Support in developing marketing content for these new offerings.
• Responsible for customer overviews of Microsoft O365 Productivity Suite when they initially move to the platform, including discussion of DPOR.
• Report on customer interaction and services delivered to customers to outline expectations of DPOR.
• Engage with the Solutions team to support further engagement and development of customer offerings in various solutions practices.
• Drive services sales for Microsoft O365 Productivity Suite solutions and deliver to customers, through training and enablement of sales and development of offer documentation.
• Drive an increase in customer mix to cloud technologies, especially Microsoft O365 Productivity Suite.
• Develop good working relationships with operations, project management, sales and solutions teams as well as build strong client relations.
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity Responsibilities are subject to change.
• 1-year experience in an IT services role or 3+ years in an IT support.
• 1-year experience of working in a service provider/reseller environment and within defined formal project methodologies
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft O365 Productivity Suite
• In depth experience of working with Microsoft Windows, Active Directory
• Strong knowledge of working with Microsoft Exchange and SQL server
• Demonstrable experience of documenting technical implementations
• Willingness to learn Other Required Qualifications
• Familiar with VCE vblock, VMware vSphere, Storage systems (specifically EMC VNX and NetApp), Cisco UCS, Veeam Backup and Replication, CommVault beneficial
• Understanding of monitoring toolsets and processes
• Willingness to learn new technologies and adapt to an evolving cloud industry.
• Ability to work in a small team of skilled professionals
• Motivated with a “can do” attitude
• Quality and detail orientated
• Ability to influence others
• Excellent client facing skills and strong communicator
• Excellent organization and time management skills, with the ability to manage their own workload and prioritize tasks accordingly.
• Able to achieve potential, stay inspired and motivated
• Beneficial to have the following key technology skills sets:.
Microsoft O365 Productivity Suite (other public cloud technology is beneficial)
SAN and NAS Storage
Disaster Recovery technologies
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft related technologies is preferred, as well as knowledge of or interest in public cloud technologies
• Awareness of other public cloud technologies beneficial