The Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist handles the collection efforts of the more complex accounts within the team’s book of business. This role assists team members in their day-to-day activities and serves as a back-up for their workload. The Senior A/R Specialist also assists in running reports and following up on accounts to ensure thoroughness.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Handles the collection efforts of more complex and meaningful accounts with the teams book of business.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to resolve customer issues.
- Continually evaluating the relationship with the customers to make sure customer satisfaction is met and the team is building positive working relationships both internally and externally.
- Mentor junior team members and serve as the role model in day to day activities.
- Monitor assigned accounts to ensure appropriate escalation and timely collection efforts.
- Ensure timely completion of cash allocation within the team’s book of business.
- Identify areas of process improvement and make appropriate recommendations.
- Identify accounts that need to be prioritized and escalated.
- Proactively build and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the Accounts Receivable team and outsourced team by answering or forwarding emails, suggesting account holds and proactively recommending next steps in the collection process.
- University degree or college diploma.
- 4 years accounts receivable experience.
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Working experience with an Accounts Receivable System.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and productive working relationships with stakeholders and customers.
- Track record of mentoring and coaching others.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- AS400 experience.