This individual will be responsible for targeted account activity within an assigned territory. Overall responsibilities include; meeting quota and revenue targets, prospecting and developing accounts and building relationships with our strategic partners.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Grow current revenue and customer base.
- Build relationships with CDW’s strategic partners.
- Develop new manufacture relationships.
- Work closely with internal departments to ensure sales, marketing and contract programs are consistently and effectively implemented
- Develop and maintain a high level of product knowledge on CDW’s Service offerings as well as competitors’ service offerings
- Present CDW’s services capabilities at seminars, tabletop shows and to user groups.
- Develop and execute marketing and business plans to drive revenue and profit.
- Report on a weekly basis, all activities to include but not be limited to; meetings, contacts, calendar, travel, updates and forecasts to the sales management.
- College experience and/or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 3 years selling into the Marketplace and prior experience in selling computer, hardware, software, solutions or services
- Knowledge of budgets and procurement cycles
- Field experience preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, along with effective interpersonal skills
- Experience working with agency specific BPA’s.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Other Required Qualifications
- 3 years’ experience in technology sales
- Prior experience selling technology hardware or software products
- Prior experience selling complex technical solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, or the equivalent in experience.
- Excellent Communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- 2 years’ experience in field customer facing sales
- 5 years’ experience in hardware or software technology sales
- 2 years’ experience selling complex technical solutions
- Cisco, EMC, Microsoft, HP and IBM Sales Certifications
- Prior experience selling advance technology solutions for Cisco, IBM, Microsoft, HP or EMC
- Experience selling to public sector customers