The Associate Project Manager is responsible for providing project management oversight to both pre-sales activities and to booked projects, delivering the requirements defined in the statement of work to the customer. The Associate PM will provide oversight primarily through remote contact and occasionally on-site contact at the customer or partner location and/or CDW locations as needed. The Associate PM will coordinate activities with the customer, partner, and CDW departments to manage the project budget and scope and provide goal attainment of the specified objectives.Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage assigned services partner pre-sales pipeline and booked projects
- Maintain a complete understanding of the required customer delivered statement of work
- Support pre-sales presentations of the customer statement of work
- Manage the quality of the delivery of the project
- Arrange and participate in pre-engagement meetings
- Use defined engagement methodology from CDW PMO and project management skills
- Stay current with industry best practices through research, conferences, training seminars and participation in professional associations.
- Share information, status updates, and reporting on projects and pipeline across the services team
- Evaluates customer wins and implementations to identify and promote best practices
- Apply problem solving techniques to support customer service and best project management methodologies
- Document delivery of the project and case studies as requested
- Knowledge transfer to be completed at the end of a project or to team members as required
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell hardware, software, and services to increase revenue. Accountable for CDW Canada services revenue target attainment.
- Contribute to and review both partner and customer statement of work
- Conducts weekly reviews and updates of project scorecards and reviews and approves project time on schedule
- Monitor projects' financial performance (budget to actual, hours remaining, expenses, etc.) Accountable for projects' profit and loss.
- Determines the appropriate documentation (communication plans, schedules/timelines, status reports, quality plan, closure summary, budget, risk plan, etc.) for projects. Manages the quality and delivery of documentation to clients.
- Manages change order process including determining the need for a new Statement of Work versus a Change Order.
- Manages project procurement and adjusts schedules as necessary.
- Prepares and presents formal and informal presentations to clients, project team and groups outside the company in an interactive format or lecture style. Comfortable with longer presentations on complex topics to larger audiences.
- Prepares and presents weekly reporting to internal stakeholders on pipeline, billing forecast, project status, and risks.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Other Required Qualifications
- College or University degree
- Demonstrated ability for strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Minimum 1-2 years’ work experience in IT industry
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in project coordination or management
- Demonstrated history of successful project negotiation and conflict management
- Demonstrated history of successful revenue target attainment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage multiple projects with concurrent deadlines
- Track record for on-time project delivery of milestones
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate scope of IT projects to business professionals
- Ability to manage a pre-sales pipeline and active project list concurrently
- Experience with billing, forecasting, and reporting on project financials
- Industry standard project management certifications (CAPM or PMP)
- Industry standard IT certifications (ITIL)
- Relevant experience working in partner and/or channel delivered solution model
- Working knowledge of CDW specific programs, such as SPS