The Cisco Partner Specialist position focuses on supporting CDW account managers with technical presales questions, helps to streamline sales processes with the partner and educates account managers on technologies and resources available to them. The specific role being hired for is focused on Cisco products.
- Responsible for answering presales technical questions while educating account managers on the products, services and resources to help them become as self-sufficient as possible.
- Become an expert on all Cisco products and services.
- Execute sales tactics and engage in sales opportunities with Account Managers and Customers to develop, architect and position Cisco products and services.
- Develop and communicate sales tools to assist account managers in providing Cisco solutions to their customers.
- Liaison between Account managers and Cisco for special pricing requirements.
- Responsible for reviewing quotes/configurations and orders, creating solution designs, and identifying potential add-on opportunities.
- Analysing CDW’s Cisco sales and the Canadian IT marketplace to find opportunities to drive more business.
- Engage with and cultivate relationships with Cisco employees to drive business.
- Conducts conference calls and customer presentations as necessary.
- Administers and manages various Cisco tools in coordination with CDW sales teams.
- Tracks and manages sales forecasts on Cisco products and services.
- Obtains relevant industry and partner certifications and attends approved outside trainings.
- Works with other departments at CDW to further relationships with customers, partners and account managers.
- Existing knowledge of Cisco technology is a must.
- Existing Cisco CCDA Certification is required
- Existing Cisco Advanced Wireless SE and Cisco UC Express Foundation Certifications are beneficial (successful candidate must achieve these certifications shortly after hire)
- Other existing Cisco certification courses are also beneficial.
- Knowledge of wireless and Unified Communications.
- Familiarity with competitive products.
- Prior experience in sales is an asset.
- Existing technical ability and experience is preferred.
- Aptitude for learning about technical aspects of products a necessity.
- College or university education preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and willingness to close a deal.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.