Field Solution Architects are the technical evangelists for a particular technology or set of technologies within a solution area. The Field Solution Architect (FSA) MSFT SQL role will apply the necessary technical breadth to support sales teams in the pursuit of strategic opportunities with this technology solution. In addition, the Field Solution Architect role fosters relationships within Microsoft to position solutions and services as industry leading with SQL.
This role is responsible for working with internal and external sales teams to plan and organize sales strategies. The incumbent analyzes the sales environment including customer expectations, competitive environment as well as the customer's technical environment and define actions to be performed in the sales cycle timeframe.
As a Field Solution Architect, you will understand our client's environment and infrastructure; compare and contrast this to a future Microsoft solution and architecting the path for adoption. The FSA develops and maintains strategic relationships with Sales Management of the teams they support and seen as a trusted advisor to grow business.
This role will need to understand the complimentary technologies in Microsoft SQL and be able to speak to the broader vision of that solution and how it can solve customer business challenges.
The incumbent in this role operates independently using standard approaches, existing tools, templates, and resources; shares knowledge and information that may benefit the team and our customers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support other FSAs and Inside Solution Architects (ISAs) and sales teams in the pursuit of large and complex solutions
- Grow and maintain partner relationships within your region and technical focus
- Provide input to FSAs and ISAs on services sales and sales training plans to drive your solutions
- Collaborate with brand managers, marketing, FSAs and ISAs to develop and execute sales campaigns and events around your solutions
- Develop high quality statements of work
- Drive services opportunities around specified solutions to close by providing deep technical sales support
- Create and deliver accurate statements of work and contribute to RFPs as a subject matter expert
- Develop and manage proactive sales campaigns
- Provide in-depth technical sales expertise
- Deliver presentations and demos to customers as part of developing the opportunity from solution to closure
- Participate in the statement of work quality assurance process
- Deliver a specified number of wins, case studies and references
- Drive sales revenue, gross profit and growth metrics
- Collaborate with practice architect to define compelling solutions
- Utilize standard reporting, tools and processes to measure and manage the business
- Maintain knowledge of solution trends and roadmaps
- Collaborate on developing and executing marketing plans
- Develop and maintain relationships with the technical sales teams within primary and complementary vendors
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Other Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent.
- Minimum four years’ experience in services sales or consulting or equivalent.
- Solution Selling Experience: Proven success with enterprise customers, working knowledge of solution-selling strategies and tactics and business value selling.
- Account Management and Prioritization Excellence: Demonstrated strategic time management and multitasking skills. Effectively accelerates opportunity pipeline with predictable business results that exceed revenue targets.
- Able to handle many projects / customer engagements simultaneously.
- Able to identify and focus on priorities while appropriately setting expectations with customers, colleagues and manager.
- Communication excellence through written and oral communications. Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Sales Teamwork: High degree of collaboration with multiple sales personnel, as well as Microsoft. Involve appropriate resources to ensure win and success of projects. Demonstrate judgment in the engagement of those resources.
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration with virtual teams, cross-functional groups and with complex problems to solve.
- Demonstrated intellectual property development. For example, whitepapers, template deliverables, solutions, case studies, etc.
- Experience architecting or deploying MSFT SQL solutions in various environments.
- Project oversight responsibilities, management and technical leadership and Engineer mentoring experience preferred
- Advanced level MSFT SQL technical certifications or equivalent.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%.