The Integrated Technology team vision is to be our customer’s first choice for solutions & services. The Technical Architect is integral to achieving that vision. Technical Architects on our team are smart, hard-working individuals who enjoy collaborating with peers across various teams at CDW to bring new offers to market. We’re looking for high-caliber, well-rounded professionals who are passionate about emerging technologies, solution development and enabling the success of their team.
As a member of the Services team, the Technical Architect MSFT is a thought leader and evangelist for our Microsoft solutions and services portfolio. Technical Architects align with industry experts, the partner ecosystem (MSFT), and peers within Integrated Technology to develop our go-to-market strategy, focused on the development and launch of new offers into market. The Technical Architect identifies, with input from our key stakeholders across sales, MSFT, and Integrated Technology, what business needs we will address and aligns our offering roadmap to address those needs. The Technical Architect ensures our aligned technical presales teams are enabled with the necessary assets and readiness plans to support sales of our priority solution offers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Solution Strategy, Development & Evangelism - New offer development, go-to-market planning, and support of new offer launch with evangelism activities such as webinars, blogs, etc.
Technical Sales Readiness - Provide technical sales readiness to technical presales teams for new solution offers. Enable readiness through supporting materials, readiness roadmaps, etc.
Partner Alignment - Align to product teams around new products and programs, business development around integrated offers, etc.
Solution Strategy, Development and Evangelism
- Identify and prioritize solutions based on specific customer needs and market opportunity. Ensure “voice of the customer” is represented with input from key stakeholders across Integrated Technology, MSFT and sales.
- Gather intelligence on competitive solutions in addition to feedback on our offer performance, such as win/loss analysis. Leverage this information to enhance our existing offers and define our solutions roadmap.
- Collaborate with professional and managed services, CDW US and UK, and external services partners, on the solution roadmap including prioritization of offers, development of skillset, alignment of partners, and launch plans.
- Collaborate with other Integrated Technology practice areas for input on the solutions roadmap as well as identifying opportunity for cross-sell to enhance the overall CDW value messaging and revenue potential.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders within Product & Partner Management (PPM), MSFT, Marketing, Services and Solutions Management on a launch plan inclusive of program alignment, sales readiness and assets, customer targets, and marketing plans.
Evangelize new solution offerings through launch activities including webinars, blogs, white papers, and speaking engagements.
Technical Sales Readiness
- Provide technical sales readiness to aligned Field Solution Architect, Technical Specialist and Customer Success Management teams.
- Enable readiness through supporting materials, readiness roadmaps, and in-direct sales support for new offerings as part of the overall launch plan.
- Provide input on sales training and additional tools and assets to assist sales of the solution offering.
- Maintain deep relationships with key partners to understand upcoming trends, solutions and technologies to help steer the strategic direction of the Services team and our solutions roadmap.
- Ensure CDW participation in programs that align to our solution roadmap and strategy.
Represent CDW in strategic partner forums including advisory councils and industry events.
- Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in business, computer science, a related technical degree or equivalent.
- Three to five years of design, implementation and support experience or equivalent.
Other Required Qualifications
- Able to handle multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Able to identify and focus on priorities while appropriately setting expectations colleagues and manager.
- Communication excellence through written and oral communications. Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration with virtual teams, cross-functional groups and with complex problems to solve.
- Demonstrated intellectual property development. For example, whitepapers, template deliverables, solutions, case studies, etc.
- At least five years of consulting or product management experience preferred.
- Advanced level technical certifications in MSFT or equivalent.