The Manager, Services is a business, sales and solutions thought leader at CDW. The Manager, Services is accountable for effective and efficient day-to-day Professional Services operations, client relationship management, and for driving alignment with the Sales team and Services team. The Manager, Services demonstrates a laser-like focus in leading the Services organization to achieve finance, operations, customer, and coworker targets. To realize these targets, Manager, Services must balance a strong financial and operational results focus with a strong coworker and customer emphasis.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Establish and cultivate a solid working relationship with customers – building relationships with customer from IT engineering staff up to “C” level executives. Lead, collaborate and participate with Sales and Services team(s) on customer sales calls, services estimates and sales / customer strategies with “C” suite level leadership.
- Accelerate the professional and technical development of coworkers through coaching and training ensuring laser focus on achieving high customer satisfaction.
- Manage your team to provide the right level of skill and size of team to meet customer demand while balancing team utilization and profitability.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key services partner representatives to ensure CDW is top of mind. Expand these relationships to CDW account managers, regional managers, architects, Project Managers, and engineers.
- Lead and manage the Services organization to finance, operations, customer, and coworker targets.
- Educate sales teams and customers about CDW services offerings and capabilities.
- Own and manage customer satisfaction / loyalty with your customers. Proactively resolve issues, as necessary
- Conduct face-to-face customer loyalty meetings for top services customers
- Establish and cultivate solid working relationship with all internal customers –Solutions Teams, Recruiters, PPM, Account Executives, Sales Management and Senior Leadership Team
- Validate and approve services estimates / statements of work for services engagements
- Ensure that best practices are incorporated in the delivery of services of all solutions across Practice(s) and geographies.
- Provide overall engagement management and oversight for customer engagements.
- Negotiate contracts and statement of works with CDW legal and CDW customer base.
- Gather feedback from customers on the services they need to share internally and develop the right services to offer in market
- Manage your team to have the right set of technical skills, in the immediate and long-term, which are focused on Integrated Technology practices
- Ensure your team fully understands their roles, and possesses the right set of professional consulting, technical, project and sales skills
- Create individual technical and professional development plans with each team member
- Provide complete, accurate, ongoing communication with your team
- Deliver substantive performance feedback and coaching to your team.
- Attract, recruit and retain the “best and brightest” Services Coworkers
- Perform teambuilding and foster an appealing work environment based on trust, respect and competence
- Monitor and resolve coworker satisfaction / loyalty issues
- Ensure that best practices are incorporated in the delivery of all solutions
- Share Best Practices across Regions and Teams
- Create processes to build on the services organization and ensure a good experience for internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and grow the services organization, through current and new coworkers, including the development of new roles as required
- Lead and implement Services’ vision, goals and strategies
- Create and instill a culture of increasing bill rates and decreasing costs of delivering engagements
- Manage and monitor General & Administrative expenses
- Ensure that monthly forecasts are complete, accurate and timely
- Collaborate with Senior Manager, Integrated Technology on growth areas of the business, including new hires, internal and external training, internal projects, Coworker bonuses and merit and salary increases
- Ensure that time and invoice approval is performed in a complete, accurate and timely manner
- Establish and cultivate a solid working relationship with vendor partners and services
- Understand and align with Solutions team to ensure overall sales strategy is implemented through Services teams
- Participate in the solution development lifecycle via skills readiness planning for integrated technologies, including resource selection, early engagement and training/mentoring
- Serve as the professional services interface to key vendor and services partners, evangelizing CDW’s capabilities and addressing perceived gaps
- Facilitate the resources and tools necessary for the integrated technology services organization’s success, including lab equipment, software, etc.
- Drive the feedback process from delivery to pre-sales, ensuring that pre-sales tactics accurately reflect delivery’s experiences
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of other coworkers
- Contribute to team meetings and best practices
- Review team financials and project performance to ensure profitability of projects
- Review new services partners, as required, and provide input on if they should be signed on to the CDW Canada roster
- Support resolution of billing issues via the finance organization with partners or customers
- Support the development of services targets and budgets in future planning sessions annually
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Other Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or a related field or equivalent experience
- Five plus years of related consulting or IT services delivery or sales of IT services experience
- 3 years previous management experience
- Ability to lead teams; gain consensus
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to identify and creatively resolve client, project and people issues
- Proven negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Cisco, Microsoft, HPE, Lenovo, and Dell EMC products and services
- Experience working with vendors and business partners
- Ability to lead and manage to ensure attainment of critical results
- Ability to act as a trusted advisor in a strategic partnership
- Demonstrated ability to meet business unit sales objectives
- Ability to travel a minimum of 30%
- Demonstrated Project Management skills
- 2 years experience with Profit and Loss responsibility
- Strong project and risk management skills
- Strong IT background in Advanced Technologies
- Strong presentation skills
- Previous consulting management experience