Oct 05, 2023
Eligible for Remote
As Compensation Lead, you will provide functional and subject matter expertise in support of the design and delivery of the company's Compensation strategy. You are also responsible for managing the planning, philosophy, design, regulatory provincial compliance, communication, policy development, evaluation and administration of all compensation programs at CDW. This includes (but is not limited to) Long/Short Term Incentives, Variable, Executive, Sales, and Broad-Base compensation. The lead serves the internal CWS team along with senior management regarding compensation administration and design.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Analyze, design, and administer compensation programs, including job and salary structures, leveling frameworks, base pay and incentive pay, keeping up to date on current market practices and assessing the competitiveness of our overall compensation structure to drive a high-performing culture.
- Oversee and conduct analysis on internal and external salary statistics to advise and influence leadership on compensation strategy, programs and challenges, including equity practices.
- Manage vendor/broker/partner relationships, including but not limited to compensation, benefits, retirement, HRIS and related system, etc.
- Keep up to date on market trends and assess competitiveness of our compensation and benefit programs to attract and retain top talent.
- Partners with Leadership to align compensation programs with the strategic objectives of the business.
- Manages compensation projects in cooperation with CWS, Legal, IT, and Finance.
- Analyzes compensation data including the building of financial models; identifies trends, draws conclusions and recommends appropriate action.
- Provide compensation review and recommendations to the Executive Committee.
- Develop communications in support of new compensation programs, or modifications to existing plans and programs.
- Leads annual compensation cycles including merit and variable pay reviews.
- Conducts job analysis and evaluation ensuring both internal and external equity and Legal compliance.
- Design and operational lead for all pay programs in purview.
- Stay current with market practices, governance policies and trends, legal and tax regulations.
- Manage programs and/or a team of coworkers through clear communication of goals and expectations.
- Partner with benefits broker on open enrollment Administer RRSP & DPSP
- Assist in the development of impactful compensation-related HR Analytics, including ongoing reporting of dashboards and ad-hoc reports.
- Contribute to the HR function regionally and globally, fostering a strong and progressive function that drives the business forward.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or HR Certification
- Five years Human Resources or Finance experience.
- 8 years direct or indirect compensation experience.
- 4-5 years of experience managing compensation strategy
- Project management skills - plan, anticipate, proactively deliver.
- Experience with compensation plan design and administration.
- Familiarity with HR systems such as SAP, PeopleSoft & Workday
- Thorough understanding of Canadian compensation regulatory environment across all provinces including Quebec
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others.
- Strong analytical and spreadsheet skills with critical attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to administer external and internal surveys and interpret survey data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Human Resources
- 10 years compensation experience.
- Total Rewards administration
- Two years management experience.
- Consulting and corporate experience.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation and membership in the World at Work.
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP).