Forsythe Technology is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
This role will support our Mississauga, Ontario area Security Operations Centre, and can be based from the Toronto area, or remotely from elsewhere in Canada. For this role, we're seeking an individual with a strong background in SIEM tools (IBM QRadar, Splunk, Exabeam, Sumo Logic)
The Analyst performs ongoing client support for complex technical performance issues and develops recommendations to ensure adherence to service level agreements and customer service excellence. The Consultant may specialize in a particular discipline and continues to develop a platform of technical expertise. In addition, the Consultant is required to provide input on how to drive process improvements, gain efficiencies, and create opportunities for improved workflow and automation.
What You’ll Do:
Services Delivery (65%)
- Monitor, analyze, and triage cyber security alerts.
- Take ownership of in-scope cyber incident investigations.
- Create, manage, and follow up on service tickets.
- Monitor and manage request and incident queues and provide response and resolution within Service Level Agreement and Service level objective.
- Follow defined processes.
- Correlate data from various log sources ingested in the SIEM during investigations.
- Design, create, and update documentation as directed.
- Research and analyze threat intelligence and indicators of compromise (IOC).
- Review alerts, decipher false positives, and follow through on incident investigations.
- Evaluate risk of security alerts and make appropriate recommendations to mitigate evaluated risks.
- Update service tickets and cases with investigation evidence.
- Apply Trusted Advisor techniques to build up client trust and influence loyalty.
- Carry out 24 by 7 monitoring of up times on all managed platforms and perform daily health checks on managed SIEM infrastructure.
- Carry out Rapid IOC searches based on given IOC obtained from threat intelligence feeds across clients’ SIEM infrastructure and Endpoint detection and response platforms.
- Open technical support cases with respective vendors where applicable
Professional Development (35%)
- Attend training sessions or shadowing activities and obtain industry-related certifications as determined by the Manager.
What You Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or 3-year diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, or a Technology related field
Other Position Requirements:
- Positive influence on the floor
- Is approachable, helps teammates
- Willing participant in coaching system, always learning
- Demonstrated understanding of IT infrastructure systems
- Demonstrated ability to acquire technical skills, develop familiarity with industry or specialty products/services, and apply the knowledge gained through training
- Demonstrated ability to investigate problems and use standard operating procedures and processes to resolve them
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high level of Customer Satisfaction on all engagements
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and contribute to team objectives in a consulting environment
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills
- At least 1 year of work experience in supporting information technology/systems
- At least one (1) technical certification in the technologies for which Forsythe Technology offers Managed Security Services.
- These may include, but are not limited to: Check Point: CCSA, CCSE: Cisco; CCNA-Security, CCNP – Security, CCIE – Security; Blue Coat: BCCPA, BCCPE; Palo Alto: ACE, PCNSE; QRadar, SANS GCIA, GCIH, Splunk, LogRhythm, or similar technology certifications
- Call handling/ticket experience
The position is part of a 7 day per week, 24 hour per day managed services operations. To provide the required coverage, must be willing to work other shifts including weekends, holidays, and overtime.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us:
Culture, coworkers, careers. CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.