Forsythe Technology is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
This role will support our Mississauga, Ontario area Security Operations Centre, and can be based from the Toronto area, or remotely from elsewhere in Canada.
The Senior Analyst provides second-level technical client support such as: cyber security analysis of detected anomalies; deep analysis of the operating system; dealing with system crashes and bug fixes; handling troubleshooting; packets capture; configurations; restoring from back up; repair for appliances, networks, and infrastructure, and other system issues.
This role upholds defined service level agreements (SLA) and customer service excellence. The Sr. Analyst continues to develop a platform of technical expertise.
What You’ll Do:
Services Delivery - 24x7 Support (70%)
- Monitors and resolves support requests. Escalates unresolved issues to senior team members and/or manager(s)
- Performs deep analysis of the operating system. Handles cyber incidents, system crashes and bug fixes. Handles troubleshooting, packets captures, configurations, restoring from back up, and repair for appliances, networks, infrastructure, and other system issues. Issues may multiple interactions with clients and/or vendors to resolve
- Identifies efficiencies and improvements in workflow, thus reducing false-positives in client environments
- Performs root cause analysis and collaborates with Consultants and other Analysts to solve repetitive system performance or configuration problems
- Provides technical knowledge transfer to clients and internal department on low complexity problems
- Identifies, records, and escalates service performance trends, anomalies, and SLA breaches to senior leadership
- Applies Trusted Advisor techniques to build up client trust and influence loyalty
Professional Development (30%)
- Provides mentorship and guidance to less senior resources as a trusted advisor in the application of Sirius methodologies and the use of tools and templates to troubleshoot client requests
- Attends training sessions or shadowing activities, and obtains industry related certifications as determined by the Manager
What You Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or 3-year diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, or a Technology related field
- Has one of the following required combinations of technical certifications and experience:
- Holds technical certifications for at least three (3) technologies for which Forsythe Technology provides managed security services* and has at least one (1) year of IT Support experience that includes firewall configuration and administration with Palo Alto and Checkpoint, SIEM tools, and cloud security in a client-focused environment and/or working in a Security Operations Centre
- Holds technical certifications for at least two (2) technologies for which Forsythe Technology provides managed security services* and has at least two (2) years of IT Support experience that includes firewall configuration and administration with Palo Alto and Checkpoint, SIEM tools, and cloud security in a client-focused environment and/or working in Security Operations Centre
- Holds at least one (1) technical certification for a technology for which Forsythe Technology provides managed security services* and has at least four (4) years of IT Support experience that includes firewall configuration and administration with Palo Alto and Checkpoint, SIEM tools, and cloud security in a client-focused environment and/or working in Security Operations Centre
*Managed Security Services technical certifications may include, but are not limited to: Check Point: CCSA, CCSE: Cisco; CCNA-Security, CCNP – Security, CCIE – Security; Blue Coat: BCCPA, BCCPE; Palo Alto: ACE, PCNSE; QRadar; SANS GCIA, GCIH, Splunk, LogRhythm, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), or similar technology certifications
Other Position Requirements:
- Positive influence on the floor
- Is approachable, helps teammates
- Willing participant in coaching system, always learning
- Experience with direct call handling/ticket management in a client-based support environment
- Experience with direct system engineering or support involving hardware, software and services at an enterprise level for at least one product line in Managed Security Services
- Direct experience working with internal and external teams to troubleshoot simple configuration hardware, software, and services
- Demonstrated understanding of company products and services and IT infrastructure systems
- Demonstrated ability to investigate less complex problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors from multiple IT infrastructure systems
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and contribute to measurable team and/or organizational objectives in a consulting environments
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high level of Customer Satisfaction on all engagements
- Demonstrated good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for meeting technical requirements within the context of best practices, and making recommendations necessary to achieve targeted objectiveProven ability to set and prioritize goals and pursue them to completion
- Proven ability to collaborate, ensuring that others input is gathered and discussed
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical guidance to less experienced team members
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision, using latitude for independent judgment
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in working with disparate clients and internal departments to deliver technical services
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills
- Cloud security experience with Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Palo Alto and/or Check Point Certification
- IBM QRadar experience
- Previous work experience in a Managed Services Security Operations Centre (SOC)
The position is part of a 7 day per week, 24 hour per day managed services operations. To provide the required coverage, must be willing to work weekends, holidays, and overtime.
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us:
Culture, coworkers, careers. CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.