The CDW Canada Supervisor, Product & Partner Management (PPM) performs day-to-day Partner Management of Microsoft while also managing and leading a team of assigned PPM coworkers. The PPM Team recommends and drives a partner specific go to market strategy for CDW, leveraging market/industry data and mutual sales strategies that drives revenue growth, as well as maximize partner sales revenue, profit and investment dollars through strategic planning and marketing. Key Areas of Responsibility
- Achieve revenue & market share targets for assigned partner(s) at optimum gross profit.
- Create and execute on business plans to grow assigned business.
- Measure achievement of objectives and amend tactics to stay on target.
- Analyze complex industry information to identify opportunities and develop strategies to increase sales.
- Work closely with Sales team on execution of sales activities.
- Build relationships with partners, at various levels, looking for mutual new growth opportunities.
- Be the first-level management contact for partners for escalated issues and opportunities.
- Build and execute Microsoft’s solutions strategies in conjunction with partner and Integrated Technology team
- Calculate and track multiple business measurements.
- Interact regularly and cooperatively at all levels within CDW sales, Integrated Technology, purchasing and finance to ensure that everyone is pulling together to achieve agreed-upon business goals.
- Share best practices across partners and with PPM team
- Perform other tasks as required to ensure success of the Microsoft team and CDW as a whole.
- Develop and execute innovative, strategic and tactical business plans for assigned partner(s) that are specific, measurable and time bound. Plans will include revenue forecast, market share goals, and utilization of CDW marketing vehicles which would include: promotions, campaigns, new product launches and other activities.
- Stay current on competitive analysis to measure price positioning as well as partner positioning to facilitate strategy.
- Act as an escalation resource between assigned partner(s) and CDW.
- Enhance relationships with assigned partner in order to drive mutually beneficial business success.
- Perform management of personnel activities for a team of assigned coworkers including: hiring, training and evaluating staff performance.
- Provide leadership development and guidance and regular one-on-one meetings with direct reports.
- Mentor and coach the assigned coworkers to achieve their personal objectives and assist with their success within team.
- Promote teamwork within team
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Other required qualifications
- Bachelors degree or college or equivalent
- Six years related experience
- Three years of experience in Product Marketing and/or Product Management
- Excellent analytical and planning skills
- Aptitude for understanding new technologies
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Ability to manage many tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid presentation skills
- Solid industry and business knowledge
- Proficiency with MS Office software
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.
- Management experience preferred but not required
- University or college education preferably in business or marketing