This job posting is no longer active
The CDW Bluestar Partner Specialist position is focused on supporting CDW Account Managers with technical presales questions while conducting proactive activities to increase sales. Due to these activities the Bluestar Partner Specialists will have direct day-to-day contact with the sales force. The Partner Specialist role is also responsible for educating Account Managers on the technologies and resources available to them.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Essential Function Time Allocation:
- Responsible for answering presales technical questions relating to Bluestar.
- Educating account managers on the Bluestar products and resources to help them become as self-sufficient as possible.
- Responsible for reviewing quotes and orders to minimize RMAs and identify potential add-on opportunities.
- Identify tools for increasing CDW Account Manager productivity.
- Obtain relevant industry certifications and attend approved outside trainings.
- Develop sales tools to assist account managers in providing solutions to their customers.
- Daily tracking of interactions with an Account Managers, trainings and other time-consuming activities.
- Conduct conference calls and customer presentations as necessary.
- Assist in training of CDW Account Managers.
- Work with other departments at CDW to further relationships with customers, CDW, Partners, and Account Managers.
- Assist Partners with internal marketing efforts at CDW designed to increase sales.
- Concentrate on certain areas of technology driven by partner focus or company technology objectives.
- 10% Vendor meetings/Conference calls
- 60% Sales support via email, conference calls, and customer visits.
- 10% Execute Marketing plans on the sales floor.
- 20% Work with vendor’s Product Managers
- Work with the CDW Brand Manager on the execution of special marketing programs and sales incentives
- Provide feedback to the PPM groups concerning stocking levels and sales trends/feedback
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Other Required Qualifications
- 4 year college degree or 2 years industry experience in a pre-sales consultation role.
- 2+ yrs experience in Channel Marketing or Channel Sales.
- 3+ yrs experience or a defined type of proficiency with Microsoft Office and computers
- Strong passion for learning and teaching others
- Proven group presentations skills.
- Outgoing personality.
- Motivated and self starting.
- Ability to think creatively and come up with proactive ideas that will increase sales.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.
- Concentrate on certain areas of technology driven by partner focus or company technology objectives
- Experience in technology sales
- Certifications (Network+, Server+, MCSE)
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment
Job Category: Product and Partner Management
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%