The Supervisor Accounts Payable is responsible for overseeing the timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices, payments, discrepancy resolution and / or vendor account reconciliations.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Directs a team to provide timely and accurate processing, disbursement of vendor payments, discrepancy resolution and / or vendor account reconciliations.
- Ensures the integrity of the accounts payable PeopleSoft system sub-ledger modules.
- Manage a team including staff hiring, training, performance management, coaching and development.
- Establishes internal controls and procedures to protect the assets of the company and determines new controls or procedures that address the growth of the company.
- Works closely with the various finance groups, reporting, treasury, general accounting and other stakeholders to ensure that specific Accounts Payables activities are appropriately accounted for within the financials.
- Interacts on a regular basis with upper management, internal/external customers as well as vendor partners to implement solutions that meet the company's goals both financially and operationally.
- Responsible for the creation and reporting of weekly/monthly metrics/analytics intended to measure output and capacity of the organization to Senior Leadership.
- Fosters an environment of Team Building and employs continuous process improvement principles to optimize, for example invoice processing, invoice discrepancy resolution and vendor payments.
- May be responsible for: invoice discrepancy resolution, vendor reconciliation, driving working capital vendor payment terms initiatives, managing inventory financing programs, vendor master file set-up and maintenance, vendor payments, travel and entertainment (T&E) expense process, and expense invoice process.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of accounting or finance experience
- 2 years of progressive management experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong organizational and planning skills with critical attention to detail.
- Effective managerial skills to facilitate, implement, and manage change and process enhancement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- History of balancing multiple priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A firm understanding of accounting and financial concepts surrounding accounts payable and inventory with the ability to apply them to business situations.
- Demonstrated experience with ERP packages, including PeopleSoft, and other applications/ tools such as AS400.
- History of balancing competing priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the company while meeting deadlines.
- Successful history in providing world class customer service.