This job posting is no longer active
The Business Development Specialist supports the development and execution of strategic plans to expand and enhance business opportunities within select Public Sector accounts, as well as Group Procurement Organizations and other such collaborative buying groups, within the assigned business segment “Public Sector”. This individual generates new business through various business development activities including identifying and strategically targeting contracts, mentoring inside sales and field sales teams, supporting prospecting, networking and building customer relationships, and interfacing with CDW PPM department to support strategic partner growth plans, as well as positioning CDW as a preferred partner for Public Sector contracts.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Go-to-market Strategy Focus:
- Drives incremental revenue and profit growth through contract wins and strategic sales initiatives
- Identifies key contract opportunities and maintains a contract pipeline. Participates in on-going planning sessions.
- Works in collaboration with CDW Capture management team to strategically approach new contract opportunities, including development of partner strategy and consulting with CDW stakeholders to determine solution or delivery gaps. Works on a plan to fill identified gaps.
- Analyzes opportunities and provides leadership to Sales Teams with various options and the best strategy to secure large contract/customer wins.
- Assists in communicating to our manufacturer partners our focused market acceleration strategy; supports the development of partner-facing business plans to position CDW as a preferred partner for large contracts and secures advantageous pricing or appointment to contracts.
- Supports the Field Team at the customer level to influence the final requirements of the target opportunity.
- Works closely with various stakeholders throughout the company including inside sales teams, field sales, sales management, program management, finance, services team, solution architects, et al. Identifies potential business partners (OEM’s, Primes, Subcontractors, etc.).
- Coordinates with appropriate resources such as Program Sales to execute contract paperwork, such as Adoption Agreements, NDA’s and Teaming Agreements.
- Post contract award activities: Supports and coordinates/develops content for quarterly business reviews with GPOs, or other major contracts and strategic accounts.
- Post contract award activities: assists Program Management team with contract launch including Seller trainings; advises Sellers on which contract to position to customer to maximize sales potential and contract utilization.
- Supports development of and execution of go-to-market strategy and unique value proposition statements for each of the major Broader Public-Sector verticals: Higher Education, K12, Healthcare and Municipal/Provincial Government.
- Coordinate with Public Sector Marketing Specialist to promote: a focused market strategy and unique value proposition, public sector campaigns, public sector conference planning and execution, customer and seller-facing collateral, and more.
- Represents company at external business networking opportunities, conferences and events.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge on CDW’s products and services, as well as those of CDW competitors.
- Supports company and District strategic initiatives
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Other Required Qualifications
- Post-secondary degree or diploma
- 3-5 years of experience selling technology to segment clients.
- Strong understanding of the IT market
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Proven ability to influence across all functions of an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated collaboration behavior with excellent facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Strong problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions while working independently.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/projects, meet deadlines, facilitate change and delegate responsibility.
- Travel 25%
- Wide network of IT manufacturer contacts.
- 1 year of experience working on large contract pursuits
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Familiarity with Group Procurement Organizations
Job Category: Sales Administration
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 25%