Manages the contract capture process from pre-RFP strategy development through award and launch.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Takes the lead in writing strategic proposal activities,
- Assembles capture and response teams for target contracts, securing buy-in from all necessary stakeholders and partnerships with key manufacturers and service partners.
- Works closely with procurement officials to influence the final shape of target RFP’s
- Develops and regularly updates formal capture plans, including but not limited to pricing strategy, partnering plan, and strategy to overcome identified obstacles, for target contracts.
- Mentors and counsels account managers, field account executives, sales managers, and proposal writers through the contract capture process.
- Formally transfers information and strategy to proposal writers for target contracts upon RFP release.
- Takes the Lead as a subject matter expert in conjunction with sales leaders throughout the proposal process.
- Responsible for RFP development and progress toward the drop date and immediately deploys the proposal activities upon RFP release.
- Attends customer onsite meetings and industry days, as needed.
- Assists Program Management team with contract launch and sales team education for target contracts.
- Coordinates with appropriate resources to execute necessary legal and financial agreements, such as NDA’s, Teaming Agreements and Lockbox Agreements, prior to RFP release.
- Drives incremental revenue and profit growth through contract wins and strategic sales initiatives.
- Aligns with state and local sales teams to generate quarterly and annual strategic objectives.
- Identifies trends in customer purchasing patterns and enacts specific plans to help sales teams capture a greater share of business.
- Creates tools, leveraging segment purchasing trend information, in order to assist the sales teams in closing sales.
- Responds to key RFX’s, market research requests and other pre-RFP and RFX’s customer requests.
- Creates and maintains a contract pipeline master tracking mechanism.
- Participates in annual budget planning.
- Delivers contract capture technique trainings to various audiences.
- Assists in creating and checking compliance matrices for target contracts.
- Presents progress on and results of capture efforts to Sales Leaders on a quarterly basis.
- Takes the lead in strategic proposal activities, as well as past performance write-ups, in anticipation of RFP requirements.
- Schedules, prepares materials for, and leads black hat, purple and blue team meetings.
- Ensures CDW-G is positioned with the most competitive available pricing from partners.
- Maintains communication with CDW Services teams around contract targets.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Other Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years relevant experience: Sales, Proposals or related field.
- Demonstrated track record of success in strategic sales.
- Exceptional strategic thinking ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with customers, coworkers, management and executives.
- Strong problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions while working independently.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/projects, meet deadlines, facilitate change and delegate responsibility.
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 25% travel).
- Two years contract capture experience.
- Experience with IT Sales.
- Wide network of IT manufacturer contacts.
- Applicable Sales segment and/or market contracts background.