The Program Manager is responsible for the development, delivery, and management of strategic licensing and incentive programs across CDW business segments (Corporate / Government) for CDW’s Microsoft Enterprise Practice. The incumbent is responsible for designing tools to assist CDW in growing profitable revenue while delivering a superior customer experience.
This role’s primary goal would be to optimize our ability to centrally execute on our Software Value Proposition and implementing processes to maximize gross profit and incentive opportunities as it relates to CDW’s Microsoft Enterprise Practice. The role will focus on managing the introduction of new licensing and incentive programs and maximizing existing. This includes optimizing process and procedures for gross profit and incentive generating programs down to the customer level through our licensing specialists and sales; designing and delivering an efficient customer contact strategy and target profiling solution; improving tools, processes and resources to support selling; adding operational efficiencies to better scale; and helping align the software team with Sales and PPM to support growth in both revenue and profit.Key Areas of Responsibility
- Deeply understanding how Microsoft Agreements are evolving and develop strategies to future proof our Enterprise Practice
- Understand, develop a strategy for, rollout and project manage effective licensing programs to drive maximization Microsoft Incentives and additional Gross Profit generating programs.
- Develop trusted partnership with Sales Managers, licensing specialists, sales, and PPM to provide a platform for operational efficiencies and process improvements.
- Proactively work with Marketing, Integrated Technology Solutions, Sales and Product teams to develop Program opportunities
- Act as central point for collecting feedback and managing our strategy for the development or enhancement of our tools, resources, reporting and process improvements to support the following priorities:
- Grow Revenue and Gross Profit through retention, solution up sell, software consolidation, Services engagement and new account acquisition.
- Maximize Microsoft’s Enterprise Incentive Program
- Scale the reach and execution of our Software Value Proposition including managing the creation of a customer contract strategy and materials
- Manage the implementation and effectiveness of the Licensing Programs
- Determine targeted customer through development of program criteria.
- Design and utilize reporting metrics with Operations
- Monitor campaign effectiveness to aid in decision making and planning.
- Seek and implement ways to maximize gross profit opportunities through efficient processes, tools and reporting
- Competitive research and analysis to optimize our offerings and competitive strategy
- Proactively partner with peers within the Microsoft team and across the organization to execute on priorities
- Tools and Process Responsibility
- Customer Management Profile and Reporting
- Sales Cost Analysis and Proposal Tools
- Contract Management Contact Strategy Automation
- Pipeline Enhancements and Deal Registration
- SLAM tool and pipeline integration
- Data Warehouse Definition and Consolidated Reporting
- Work with Marketing Communications to create and maintain collateral to promote CDW Canada Microsoft Enterprise capabilities
- Develop, execute and maintain CDW Canada’s competency road map (MPN)
- Maintain Pipeline opportunities with support from Microsoft Account Executives, Licensing
- Specialists and Sales
- Other operational responsibilities as needed
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years Microsoft Software Licensing Program and contract management experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience
Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop trusted relationships (internal and external) at all levels in an organization with a proven track record of high satisfaction ratings from internal stakeholders
- Proven collaboration and teaming skills
- Understanding/Appreciation of maintaining confidentiality
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize project work.
- Must work proactively and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred
- Microsoft Licensing Specialist experience preferred
- Expert knowledge of SPS, Pipeline Tool, AS400 processes, software analysis tools, software sales process.
- Deep knowledge of backbone departments, responsibilities, and processes