The associate project manager is responsible for providing project oversight and delivering the requirements defined in the statement of work. The Associate PM will provide oversight primarily through remote contact and occasionally on-site contact at the customer or partner location and/or CDW locations as needed. The Associate PM will coordinate activities with the customer, partner, and CDW departments to manage the project budget and scope and provide goal attainment of the specified objectives.Key Areas of Responsibility
- Complete understanding of the required customer delivered statement of work
- Manage the quality of the delivery.
- Participate in pre-engagement meetings as needed
- Lead projects from Kickoff to customer sign off while updating an ongoing project plan.
- Ensuring Project milestones are met and updated as they are completed
- Use defined engagement methodology and project management skills
- Stay current with industry best practices through research, conferences, training seminars and participation in professional associations.
- Shares information across the project management team.
- Evaluates customer wins and implementations to identify and promote best practices.
- Coach engineers on basic project management techniques.
- Problem solving
- Document delivery
- Knowledge transfer
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell hardware, software, and services to increase revenue
- Contribute to and review statement of work
- Conducts weekly reviews and updates of project scorecards and reviews and approves project time on schedule.
- Monitor projects' financial performance (budget to actual, hours remaining, expenses, etc.) Accountable for projects' profit and loss.
- Determines the appropriate documentation (communication plans, schedules/timelines, status reports, quality plan, closure summary, budget, risk plan, etc.) for projects.
- Manages the quality and delivery of documentation to clients.
- Manages change order process including determining the need for a new Statement of Work versus a Change Order.
- Manages project procurement and adjusts schedules as necessary.
- Prepares and presents formal and informal presentations to clients, project team and groups outside the company in an interactive format or lecture style. Comfortable with longer presentations on complex topics to larger audiences.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Other Required Qualifications
- College degree or significant relevant work experience
- Demonstrated ability for strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated history of successful project negotiation and conflict management
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage multiple projects with concurrent deadlines
- Track record for on-time project delivery of milestones
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Industry standard project management certifications
- Relevant experience working in partner and/or channel delivered solution model
- Working knowledge of CDW specific programs, such as SPS
- Working knowledge of as/400 or Changepoint
- Experience Adobe and Filemaker