This job posting is no longer active
The Security Technical Specialist will be responsible for operational development and support of CDW delivered Security solutions and services. This role will be key in supporting the implementation, support and on-going maintenance of CDW’s customer use of Security technologies.
The Security Technical Specialist will work in a fast paced services team, providing technical guidance to customers and sales on Security solutions and CDW services tied to those solutions.Key Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain appropriate reference documentation to support the services offerings around the Security offers and services developed for customers.
- Responsible for customer assessments and implementations including but not limited to Threat Check, OEM products, and consulting services.
- Provide technical guidance and hands on involvement on projects involving working with new technologies. Support in development of new offerings around the Security solutions – with CDW resources and services partner resources.
- Responsible for customer overviews of their Security posture when they complete an assessment or CDW Threat Check.
- Drive services sales for Security and deliver to customers, through training and enablement of sales and development of offer documentation.
- Develop good working relationships with operations, project management, sales and solutions teams as well as build strong client relations.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Other Required Qualifications
- 1 years’ experience in an IT services role or 3+ years in an IT support.
- 1 year experience of working in a service provider/reseller environment and within defined formal project methodologies
- Strong working knowledge of top Security OEMs such as Fortinet, SonicWall, Palo Alto Networks, and Cisco
- In depth experience of working with Security tools
- Demonstrable experience of documenting technical implementations
- Willingness to learn
- Familiar with penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, network assessments
- Understanding of security toolsets and processes
- Willingness to learn new technologies and adapt to an evolving security industry .
- Ability to work in a small team of skilled professionals
- Motivated with a “can do” attitude
- Quality and detail orientated
- Ability to influence others
- Excellent client facing skills and strong communicator
- Excellent organization and time management skills, with the ability to manage their own workload and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Able to achieve potential, stay inspired and motivated
- Beneficial to have the following key technology skills sets:
- Security Azure (other public cloud technology is beneficial)
- AV and ATP
- SIEM and big data analytics technologies
- Cloud security
- Additionally a good working knowledge of Security related technologies is preferred, as well as knowledge of or interest in security trends
Job Category: Engineering General
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 25%