The Associate Designer works closely with other designers, marketing coordinators, specialists, associates, agencies and multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced agency-like environment.
The Associate Designer is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of CDW.ca and assigned digital projects and provides design support for traditional marketing materials such as print ads, brochures, presentations and promotional materials as they relate to the CDW marketing plan and business needs.Key Areas of ResponsibilityDesign:
- Familiar with interaction design, motion design, and graphic design and creates related deliverables (comps, wireframes, etc.)
- Familiar with various design modalities like Web, Email and Mobile.
- Translate brand and business strategies and requirements into effective cohesive design solutions utilizing a user-centered approach.
- Apply fundamental user interface design skills with traditional art direction skills.
- Collaborate cross functionally on projects and rollouts.
- Able to use departmental-standard creative tools to express design concepts in high fidelity
- Able to create deliverables with guidance from others
- Attentive to detail – terminology, appearance, OS standards, behaviors, and workflows
- Ensure the designed communicates the CDW brand
- Coordinate the rounds of revisions for assigned projects, prepare files and schedules deployments
- Able to iterate rapidly and create multiple solutions
- Able to set personal schedules and meet deadlines
- Produce multiple, time sensitive projects on a daily basis including print ads, brochures, banners, direct mail, sell sheets, presentations and promotional material
- Perform online content updates and maintenance to the CDW Canada website
Learns & Follows Instructions:
- Maintains consistency and overall production quality on multiple CDW branded creative projects.
- Determines layout and produces designs and collateral that reflects CDW’s brand and segment strategy.
- Ensures consistency of graphic style across all given projects.
- Meets production standards and schedules for assigned projects.
- Monitor website metrics as appropriate.
- Provide support to the marketing team as required which may require working evenings or weekends
Motivated and Positive:
- Assist a senior designer to translate ideas into relevant design artifacts.
- Attends research sessions and learns about end-users
- Learns the CDW development process for their product
- Begins to broaden design skills and develop technical domain expertise
- Seeks to understand the purpose and intent of products and projects
- Receives guidance and direction on work
- Maintains an open and winning attitude.
- Able to work cooperatively and communicate effectively
- Asks for help when needed from manager, leads, and domain experts
- Seeks feedback and responds constructively
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Other Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in human computer interaction, user experience, visual arts, graphic design or related field from a university, equivalent degree from college or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 1 years of web or related design experience.
- Proficiency of the latest Adobe Creative Suite along with proficiency in HTML and CSS.
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of media and knowledge of basic design principles, layout, color theory, Interface and Web Application Development.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to creatively problem solves
- Ability to work independently with minimum direction
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership
- History of successfully balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Prior experience working in technology industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pre-press techniques.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Previous experience with digital platforms
- Previous experience working in a Mac and PC environments.
- Experience with Responsive design
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Familiarity in CSS, Interface and Web Application Development.
- Familiarity with User Research Techniques
- Bilingual, French and English language, preferred