The Product Manager acts as the central liaison for our partners connecting them with CDW stakeholders across the organization including sales, technical, purchasing, finance, and marketing. This position is responsible for leveraging market/industry data to develop a partner specific go to market strategy, maximizing revenue, profitability and awareness for their assigned partner(s) or product categories. The Product Manager interacts and engages with key contacts within their partners senior level management to drive business growth.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and implement go-to-market strategies and business plans that outline target customer segments, products, pricing and positioning.
- Utilization of CDW marketing vehicles that include: promotions, campaigns, new product launches and other activities enhancing relationships with assigned partner(s)
- Be the subject matter expert in assigned categories and associated partner’s product lines/programs
- Educate sales on new product introductions, programs, features, competitive advantages and opportunities to identify sales within their customer base.
- Analyze industry information and interface with multiple departments internally to identify opportunities and develop strategies to increase sales.
- Understand and communicate partner organizational structure and foster relationships with management and key decision makers.
- Engage daily with assigned partners to maintain an open channel of communication at all times to ensure that all CDW and partner stakeholders are kept up to date on any and all issues, initiatives, projects, meetings or conferences.
- Manage and maximize overall profitability; managing financial benefits, and develop a marketing strategy to invest funding.
- Be a subject matter expert on the designated partner’s products, programs and go to market strategies and communicate them to CDW sales.
- Cultivate relationships between partner sales team, CDW Sales, & Leadership teams.
- Act as a liaison between CDW Sales and Product and Partner Management (PPM) to identify. opportunities for product, program and partner alignment improvements.
- Responsible for building a strong pipeline through sales engagement and sharing a forecast with stakeholders
- Represent the assigned partner in meetings and speak to partner performance, category performance, program/promotion results, and current initiatives.
- Provide comprehensive reporting both internally and externally on partner performance, category performance, industry trends, and market share
- Host business reviews to review partner performance and discuss joint initiatives.
- Provide appropriate content for marketing vehicles and ensure internal system content related to the assigned vendors is up to date and on strategy.
- Responsible for maintaining key skus for all of vendor products, as well as work to ensure correct product information in all marketing materials related to assigned partners.
- Secure partner funding for CDW marketing activity.
- Stay current on competitive analysis to measure special pricing positioning as well as vendors positioning to facilitate product launch plans.
- Act as an escalation resource between assigned vendors and CDW.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Other Required Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years vendor, product marketing or related experience
- University degree or college diploma
- Technology product sales or marketing experience
- Demonstrated analytical and planning skills
- Aptitude for understanding new technologies
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Ability to manage many tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid presentation skills
- Solid industry and business knowledge
- Proficiency with MS Office software
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.