The Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist handles the collection efforts of the more complex accounts within the team’s book of business. This role assists team members in their day-to-day activities and serves as a back-up for their workload. The Senior A/R Specialist also assists in running reports and following up on accounts to ensure thoroughness. Key Areas of Responsibility
- Handles the collection efforts of more complex and meaningful accounts with the teams book of business.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to resolve customer issues.
- Continually evaluating the relationship with the customers to make sure customer satisfaction is met and the team is building positive working relationships both internally and externally.
- Mentor junior team members and serve as the role model in day to day activities.
- Monitor assigned accounts to ensure appropriate escalation and timely collection efforts.
- Ensure timely completion of cash allocation within the team’s book of business.
- Identify areas of process improvement and make appropriate recommendations.
- Identify accounts that need to be prioritized and escalated.
- Proactively build and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the Accounts Receivable team and outsourced team by answering or forwarding emails, suggesting account holds and proactively recommending next steps in the collection process.
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Other Required Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 4 years accounts receivable experience.
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Working experience with an Accounts Receivable System.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and productive working relationships with stakeholders and customers.
- Track record of mentoring and coaching others.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- AS400 experience.