The CDW Partner Specialist position is focused on supporting CDW Account Managers with technical presales questions on a specific assigned vendor partner while conducting proactive activities to increase sales. Partner Specialists will have direct day-to-day contact with CDW Account Managers and engage periodically with customers. The Partner Specialist role is also responsible for educating Account Managers on the technologies and resources available to them for their assigned vendor partner.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Essential Function Time Allocation:
- Responsible for answering presales technical questions relating to their assigned partner or category
- Educating account managers on the products and resources to help them become as self-sufficient as possible.
- Responsible for reviewing quotes and orders to minimize RMAs and identify potential add-on opportunities.
- Identify tools for increasing CDW Account Manager productivity.
- Obtain relevant industry certifications and attend approved outside training.
- Develop sales tools to assist account managers in providing solutions to their customers.
- Daily tracking of interactions with an Account Managers, training and other time-consuming activities.
- Conduct conference calls and customer presentations as necessary.
- Assist in training of CDW Account Managers.
- Work with other departments at CDW to further relationships with customers, CDW, Partners, and Account Managers.
- Assist assigned Partners with internal marketing efforts at CDW designed to increase sales.
- Concentrate on certain areas of technology driven by partner focus or company technology objectives.
- 10% Vendor meetings/Conference calls
- 60% Sales support via email, conference calls, and customer visits.
- 10% Technical Training
- 20% Work with vendor’s Product Managers
- Work with the CDW Product Management team on the execution of special marketing programs and sales incentives
- Provide feedback to the PPM groups concerning stocking levels and sales trends/feedback
- Responsible for reviewing sales pipeline and communicating opportunities to leadership and partners
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Other Required Qualifications
- 4 year college degree or 2 years industry experience in a pre-sales consultation role.
- 2+ yrs experience in IT Channel Sales.
- Experience in HPE Servers.
- Strong passion for learning and teaching others
- Proven group presentations skills.
- Outgoing personality.
- Motivated and self starting.
- Ability to think creatively and come up with proactive ideas that will increase sales.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.
- Concentrate on certain areas of technology driven by partner focus or company technology objectives
- Experience in technology sales
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment