This job posting is no longer active
The Treasury Supervisor will participate in all facets of the cash management and payroll functions for CDW Canada. The Supervisor will implement process improvement initiatives and provide guidance to other members of the Treasury and Payroll teams. The Treasury Supervisor will also be responsible for developing relationships with coworkers outside of the Treasury Department to keep abreast of changes to our business. Key Areas of Responsibility
- Supervise the day to day activities for key treasury cash management processes including developing and maintaining detail work plans for forecasting targets, communicating with internal teams and motivating teams to meet established cash deadlines.
- Develop, enhance, and monitor the internal controls surrounding the Company’s cash transactions.
- Research cash transaction issues and communicate conclusions and recommendations to management through written technical memos.
- Implement Treasury process improvement initiatives including identifying opportunities to efficiently transact and reconcile cash data between financial accounting and treasury applications to reduce cycle times and increase accuracy.
- Assist the Manager in maintaining current relationships with banks as well as the relationships with other finance teams with whom we collaborate.
- Working with payroll and commissions team members to ensure payroll is processed in accordance to deadlines set out by payroll calendar deadlines
- Responsible for training, mentoring, coaching and performance management for new or less experienced coworkers, have direct report responsibility for the Treasury Analyst, Payroll Analyst and Commission Analysts and foster a culture of accountability.
- Reports on monetary transactions, including the daily cash position and reconcile the activity to CDW Canada’s records.
- Processes EFT transactions and Wire transfers.
- Forecast daily/weekly cash balances
- Maintain CDW Plan Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Plan
- Supervise the preparation of and perform initial review of income tax and sales tax and recycling fee compliance. Compliance includes, but is not limited to, the federal and provincial consolidated returns and workpapers, separate provincial tax returns and workpapers, the quarterly estimate calculations, and the annual extension calculations.
- Coordinate team to ensure timely and accurate daily cash reporting.
- Adhere to internal controls and coordinate documentation evidencing internal controls have been followed.
- Perform annual reviews
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Other Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting
- 6 years of treasury / cash management experience, some of which is with a public accounting firm
- Strong financial planning and analytical skills with critical attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including executive leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and effectively relay financial results to a non-financial audience.
- Knowledge of accounting principles regarding Treasury transactions.
- History of building and maintaining productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to delegate, multi-task, work well independently, yet, desire to be part of a team.
- PeopleSoft experience.
- Proficient Microsoft Office user especially Excel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven organization skills with critical attention to detail.
- Ability to manage others’ projects and performance management.
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%