This job posting is no longer active
The Solution Specialist proactively drive revenue and profit specific to a dedicated brand and product sets. This role works directly with CDW Account Managers, sales leadership, and partners on whitespace opportunities. The Solution Specialist brings together knowledge of quotes, bid opportunities, and the market to identify deals and win them. This role is integral in identifying net new business for both CDW and the assigned brand.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Be a subject matter expert on Windows10 Pro devices and O365/M365products, programs and go to market strategies and communicate them to CDW sales.
- Assist CDW sales and designated partner with field alignment and account mapping within assigned territory.
- Identify new customer segments and verticals to target with Windows 10 Pro devices (e.g. digital signage, retail, automation) alongside Product Manager initiatives
- Responsible for answering presales technical questions relating to their assigned partner or category
- Attend customer facing events and/or conference calls to communicate the value add of CDW and the partner.
- Facilitate trainings for assigned territory on partner’s products, services and programs.
- Assist the partner and Product and Partner Management (PPM) contacts in creating messaging and promotions that directly align with the specific customer set that is being supported.
- Develop and execute to quarterly sales plan.
- Complete monthly scorecard identifying sales engagement, pipeline and market trends.
- Cultivate relationships between partner sales team, CDW Sales, & Leadership teams.
- Coordinate Windows 10 Pro proof of concepts to strategic customers built with partner ecosystem.
- Evangelize services around Windows 10 Pro, whitespace, building solutions working with the Product Managers to understand a DaaS strategy for each OEM with O365/M365 bundled
- Coordinate field engagement and resources from Microsoft and CDW to increase Windows 10 Pro devices revenue and market share
- Accountability to Windows 10 Pro FY19 revenue and unit target
- Have excellent knowledge of CDW service offerings and the process in which account managers attach them to client products.
- Generate awareness of marketing executions, messages, promotions, and sales tools to CDW sales reps
- Proficient in CDW tools and process such as SPS, AS400, bid desk, returns etc.
- Maintain effective communications with all stakeholders
- Provide monthly progress reports to Partner and internal stakeholders.
- Represent the assigned brand in meetings and speak to brand performance, category performance, program/promotion results, and current initiatives.
- Provide comprehensive reporting both internally and externally on brand performance, category performance, industry trends, and market share
- Success Metrics:
- Meet or exceed designated partner revenue expectations for assigned partner and region.
- Positive feedback from assigned sales channels Meeting or exceeding designated partner controllable margin expectations for assigned partner.
- Assigned regions bid pricing usage
- Obtain and facilitate necessary partner and industry certifications.
- Travel as needed
- Other special projects upon request
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Other Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree + 2 years sales/marketing experience, OR
- 3 years experience in sales/marketing, OR
- 2 years CDW PPM experience +2 years experience in sales/marketing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including partner, CDW, and customer executives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask.
- Demonstrated financial and business acumen.
- Ability to think strategically and analyze information
- Strong willingness to learn
- Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years experience in Sales and/or Marketing
- Established relationships and 3+ years experience selling.
- Previous responsibility for monthly & quarterly sales targets.
- Established track record of successful quote driven sales attainment
- Outstanding phone, platform speaking and presentation ability
- Familiarity in directing and maintaining enterprise-level sales proposals and contracts
- Strong working knowledge of the assigned market with a focus on additional learning
- Relevant industry certifications
Job Category: Sales Support General
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 10%