This job posting is no longer active
The Sales Analyst analyzes and interprets sales performance by geography, brand and product type and provides recommendations on areas of opportunity to the Management team including Senior Leaders. This role focuses on providing rich and actionable insights on sales data to increase productivity and effectiveness of the Canadian sales teams. This includes responsibility for managing various sales and account system activities to ensure operational efficiency.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Design and produce in depth sales reports on a daily/weekly/monthly/annual basis.
- Perform analysis by individual Account Managers (AM), teams and regions by customer, category, vendor or other criteria to identify opportunities and make recommendations to sales leadership
- Consult with sales leadership to identify standard reports and frequency in addition to reviewing ad hoc requests for reporting and analysis
- Complete complex data analysis projects to support various company initiatives.
- Report data using SQL Server Management Studio and Pyramid Analytics in an Enterprise Data Warehouse environment
- Perform account coding at the AM and FAE level
- Create departmental codes in our internal systems and liaise with corporate systems to ensure alignment
- Support projects and process improvement as required
Qualifications Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, or Math)
- 3+ years analyst experience with sales analysis or support, financial analysis,
- econometrics, or statistics
- Excellent analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze large volumes of raw data, draw conclusions, and develops actionable recommendations.
- Expert-level Excel skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- History of balancing multiple time-sensitive priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills proven ability to build and maintain strong cross functional relationships
- Self-starter with ability to work independently with little supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Cognos, Pyramid Analytics, ProClarity, or other analytical or business intelligence tool experience
- SQL Server Management experience
- Data warehouse experience
- Project management experience
Job Category: Sales Support General
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%