This job posting is no longer active
The Accounts Payable Payment and Expense Analyst is a second level accounts payable position which provides direct support for processing day to day vendor invoices and internal coworker expenses. This role ensures expenses are properly reflected in the period for which they occur and contractual agreements are met to prevent additional costs to the organization.Key Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain and analyze PeopleSoft eProcurement and/or Travel & Expense workflow ensuring proper approval structure.
- Process non-inventory invoices and/or Travel & Expense Reports, including analyses and resolution of any discrepancies.
- Communicate information to all necessary internal and external stakeholders, explaining accounting transactions and resolving accounting issues.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Involved with planning, organizing and control of process flow and payment of obligations and adherence to Accounts Payable policies and procedures.
- Reconcile and maintain accounts payable balance sheet accounts.
- General ledger operations including performing account reconciliations.
- Prepare journal entries and account accruals
- Assist with monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements and reports.
- Use various software applications, such as spreadsheets, and relational databases, to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
- Respond to coworker and vendor questions and issues in a professional and timely manner
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Other Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3 years’ experience as an accountant or financial analyst
- Working knowledge in electronic accounts payable processing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively relay information to all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated ability to coach, motivate and mentor others.
- Involved in Special Project Teams
- Demonstrated analytical skills, with strong attention to details and the ability to explain discrepancies and make correction recommendations.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Working knowledge of an AS400 system.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance
- Experience with PeopleSoft Accounting Systems
- Experience using Blackline
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 0%