This job posting is no longer active
The Tax Manager will participate in all facets of the income tax function and will play a critical role by managing key aspects of the function, provide analytical and technical support to the CFO implement process improvement initiatives and mentor and train other members of the Finance team on income tax or sales tax related matters. The Tax Manager will also be responsible for developing relationships with coworkers within the broader organization to keep abreast of changes to our business.Key Areas of Responsibility
- Prepare, review and manage key tax processes like the Federal & Provincial Tax Returns ,quarterly & annual tax provisions, cash tax projections and responses to information requests from Federal & Provincial tax authorities.. This would include developing and maintaining detailed work plans, communicating internal and external due dates to team and motivating team to meet established deadlines.
- Implement compliance and provision process improvement initiatives including identifying opportunities to efficiently transfer tax data between financial accounting and tax applications in order to reduce provision and compliance cycle times.
- Assist the CFO in maintaining current relationships with external consultants as well as the relationships with other finance teams with whom we collaborate.
- Review components of the quarterly tax provision calculations and assist with preparing components of the financial statement footnote disclosures.
- Coordinate federal and provincial income tax audits, prepare and review responses to audit inquiries and communicate audit progression to management.
- Research tax issues and communicate conclusions and recommendations to management through written technical memos.
- Manage the preparation of and perform initial review of income tax. Compliance includes, but is not limited to, the Federal and Provincial consolidated returns and workpapers , the quarterly estimate calculations, and the annual extension calculations.
- Ensure timely and accurate Federal/Provincial income tax filings.
- Prepare and review applicable Federal income tax return Forms, statements and elections.
- Review and analyze tax depreciation reports and reconciliations.
- Prepare/review supporting work papers for the quarterly and annual tax provision including book-tax differences and tax footnote disclosures.
- Prepare/review cash tax projections.
- Identify and communicate potential uncertain tax positions
- Research Provincial apportionment rules to ensure compliance with Provincial laws.
- Analyze Provincial apportionment reports and research material changes.
- Adhere to internal controls and coordinate documentation evidencing internal controls have been followed.
- Manage annual report processing
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Other Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- 7 years of relevant tax experience, preferably with progression of increased responsibilities (Corporate Tax and/or Public Accounting environment)
- CPA or advanced degree in tax
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Income Tax Accounting and Tax Provision in addition to Federal and provincial tax issues.
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Office applications, including experience with Tax Provision software and automation.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and research skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven organization skills with critical attention to detail.
- Master’s Degree in Taxation
- Exposure and experience with global tax laws and guidelines.
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 10%