Be responsible for executing a go-to-market plan that successfully drives CDW Canada's strategy across major sellers and markets. Provide professional leadership, support, and motivation for the development and success of branch offices, with direct responsibility for Regional Sales leaders and Account Executives. Accountability to establish and achieve revenue, margin, and services quotas across all branch offices. This role is also transitional, in that this leader will work directly with the National Sales Director (who is responsible for all centrally-located Account Managers) to learn, plan, integrate, and drive change across sales teams and processes through 2020 and beyond. The goal of this development responsibility is to create and deploy a high performance, regionally-centric Customer engagement and selling model that appropriately serves all CDW Customers and target prospects.
This is a field based position with a primary location of the Greater Toronto Area. Key Areas of Responsibility
- Attain profitability and revenue growth targets for sales of all CDW products and services, and client and employee satisfaction metrics in the branch territory.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to determine branch business plans as well as work with regional sales leaders to ensure execution of these plans and attainment of all targets.
- Provide leadership to Regional Sales leaders and Account Executives and foster a community of success with all Sales Specialist (Presales, overlays etc.) and Sales Enablement / Support (Program Sales, ISRs, Renewal Specialists, Bid Teams etc.), in all locations (national and branch).
- Work collaboratively with the Services leaders to ensure Branches and Account Executives are contributing to national and regional targets for Professional Services, Staff Augmentation / Consultant Services, Managed Services, and Third-Party delivered services.
- Work with Sales Specialist team leaders to ensure growth by region for each Practice / Procut Category (Data Centre, Security, Cloud, Microsoft, Client, Peripherals etc.)
- Define and manage process (working with the National Sales Director) for allocating accounts to Account Executives and Account Managers.
- Work with other sales leaders to plan and implement appropriate staffing levels and models with each local market. Hire and develop key sales talent to ensure team, culture, and revenue performance continuity.
- Manage performance review (QBR) and Account Planning processes
- Work with Marketing and PPM teams to develop regional priorities and plans to achieve sustainable growth and success.
- Work with key vendors for tactical and growth initiatives, and foster field level relationships.
Management of the Sales Team
- Develop sales strategies to maximize cover and results across the entire CDW portfolio.
- Develop and maintain key client executive relationships to support your team as well as maximizing client satisfaction, conduct QBRs, collaborate with PPM and other groups on big deals.
- Lead team of Branch Managers and Field Sellers by developing account plans and by executing sales strategies within the branch territory. Escalations on high profile and strategic deals.
- Collaborate with Sales Leadership counterpart and the CDW Senior Management team to grow business.
- Develop plans to acquire and grow target clients.
- Hold branch team accountable for sales forecasts, budgets, quota attainment and other goals.
- Analyze economic, competitive and other factors affecting the territory and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Weekly engagements with Professional Services Management team to ensure projects are on time, on budget, and delivered with high client satisfaction.
- Review bench and execute tactical action plans to optimize engineering and consulting resources.
- Work with the Services leaders to ensure selling teams are:
- Engaged in project delivery status and ongoing Client satisfaction
- Managing changes, escalations and exceptions
- Interview branch staffing candidates and offer feedback as needed.
- Define and drive consistency between branch sales, proposal, pipeline tracking, KPIs, SOW, cost of sales, and similar processes/metrics to support our ability to scale the business.
- Provide senior business leadership to the geography by developing and coaching Sales leaderss and Account Executives. Ensure field-level alignment and collaboration with Sales Specialists (pre-sales) and sales support / enablement.
- Monitor performance of Sales leaders, Account Executives and overall regional field-selling activity.
- Optimize regional sales geographic territory coverage.
- Develop, enhance and deploy CDW Branch Playbook and ensure operation in executing and managing to best practices.
- Prepare sales forecasts, budgets, quotas and other projections as required.
- Conduct Win-Loss and other performance analysis as appropriate to improve performance and reduce yield loss.
Qualifications Education and/or Experience Qualifications
Other Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and/or experience defined or equivalent (defined as 5 years of sales management experience).
- Minimum of seven years of progressively responsible sales experience in related, technical industry
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of progressive sales management experience
- Experience leading or collaborating with an IT services organization
- Adaptable leader with proven track record of leading through organizational change while driving revenue KPIs
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to lead and manage to ensure attainment of critical results
- Knowledge of business and financial metrics for use as key performance indicators
- Proven track record in planning and execution
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 35% local and overnight travel to other CDW locations or client sites
- Ten years of progressively responsible sales experience in related industry experience
- Prior P&L responsibility experience with proven success in a large market exceeding $40mm and, importantly, with complex solution sales and senior selling and client relationships.