The Senior Manager of Services Sales is responsible for providing strategic and tactical direction and leading the technical and subject matter experts who work with Sellers (Account Executives and Account Managers) in the identification, qualification of opportunities, and the specification and presentation of solutions. While these are teams of experts, this is part of the overall selling team (working directly with Sellers and Clients) and the leader is a senior member of the Sales organization.
This position leads and directs the various team leaders (organized by skills, practices and geographies) and is responsible for supporting the sellers in achieving sales targets (all categories, geographies, practices, and lines of business). Participates in the design of go-to market strategies for technologies, maintains demonstration capabilities and new solution development testing within the solution areas. Also accountable for technical vendor relationships, training & education plans for the pre-sales teams, and works with the delivery organization to ensure that selling and delivery technical teams are aligned in priorities, and skills / coverage. Participates and presents in customer sales meetings.
This is a field based position with a primary location of the Greater Toronto Area. Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensures that the team is optimized for, and focused on delivering the required sales revenue, gross profit and growth metrics in the respective technology and practice areas.
- Build and foster relationships with our partners and customers and ensures appropriate relationship development and designation for key accounts and partners across the country.
- Build and lead a team of high-performing managers, solution architects and other presales specialists, to support sellers, across all practices / lines of business, and all customer segments.
- Engage directly with customers and present CDW capabilities in sales settings.
- Build staffing plans and modify roles / responsibilities over time (in conjunction with other Sales Organization Leaders, including Sales Enablement teams) that increase productivity and allow for more leverage in total cost of sales.
- Work with PPM and Vendors to ensure we have the appropriate mix and calibre of vendor-funded resources, and ensure they are deployed for maximum results attainment.
- Work with Sales Leaders and Services Leaders to ensure that selling and specialist teams are educated and enabled to sell target solutions
- Work with Services Leaders to constantly evaluate LOE / Pricing vs Win Rate and Actual effort (and reduce variability)
- Assist colleagues (sales leaders) in analyzing market opportunities, quantify results and take appropriate steps to obtain goals.
- Work with Marketing and Solution teams to develop appropriate communications content (contributor)
- Contribute to solution and focus-area roadmaps
- Incubate and evaluate new technologies
- Provide direction, manage and hold teams accountable for results including financial targets, coworker engagement and customer satisfaction.
- Plan appropriate training and professional development for each team member.
- Create and review performance plans with individual team members using measurable criteria and input from relevant sources including peers, clients and vendors.
- Create and manage plans to efficiently pipeline and recruit talent, as well as plans to develop talent from a broad range of teams at CDW
- Foster pervasive communication/collaboration and change-orientation across entire management team.
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 35% as needed to other CDW locations, meetings and client sites
Qualifications Education and/or Experience Qualifications
Other Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Sales and Marketing, Management Information Systems, or relevant major
- 8 years of sales and/or product management experience
- 5 years of leadership experience
- 5 years of experience with Infrastructure technologies, including Server, Storage & Virtualization
- 5 years of experience selling, delivering or supporting the sales of complex technology solutions
- Proven leadership skills, and proven track record of generating enthusiasm, leading teams to embrace change, and personal leadership accomplishments in change management.
- Must possess exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders and various cross functional teams as well as customers
- Effective formal/informal presentation skills
- Ability to lead and manage to ensure attainment of critical results
- Critical decision-making skills and the ability to apply previous experience to the current role
- Experience managing business partnerships
- Proven ability to proactively collaborate and build relationships, take initiative and creatively problem solve
- Applicant should demonstrate solid attention to detain and a penchant for accuracy
- Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% or more to other CDW locations or customer sites
- General business education or experience (Management, Financial etc.)
- Process or Methods / Standards qualifications or experience (Lean Sigma etc.)