The CDW Product Specialist’s main function is to assist the Product Managers and Senior Product Managers in the management of their assigned vendor partners. This includes the development of creative vendor programs and activities, and the execution of those activities. The Product Specialist will also collect, process and disseminate product and partner information for use by various company departments. They also assist in managing vendor engagements and provide information and reporting to partners, along with other ad hoc tasks to drive the partner’s business at CDW Canada.
The Product Specialist works closely with Product Managers and Senior Product Managers), and reports to Manager, Product and Partner Management (PPM). They will work and engage with all CDW Canada departments.
- Interfaces with assigned partners to assist them in their business at CDW Canada.
- Works in conjunction with their Product Manager or Senior Product Manager on creation and execution of vendor engagements and Marketing programs and activities
- Creates program contracts, tracks funding from assigned partner(s), and works with Finance to ensure all Marketing activities are invoiced appropriately
- Responsible for product information accuracy and oversees product information sharing.
- Responsible for securing and approving content for the activities the vendor partner has signed up to.
- Works with partners and other CDW departments on product launches
- Manages partner portal programs such as deal registration
- Facilitates sales incentive reporting
- Understands and communicates promotional and incentive offers for their assigned partner
- Updates/maintains the internal information site (Connect) as needed
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- College diploma or university degree
- One year vendor or industry related experience
- Excellent analytical and planning skills
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Ability to manage many tasks simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid Excel Skills
- Strong Organization skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Solid presentation skills
- Solid industry and business knowledge
- Proficiency with MS Office software
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.