The Proposal Specialist downloads, distributes, uploads, provides analysis, response, support, and processing of various types of tender administration, proposals and bids documents for the applicable Sales Team. Such documents may include: request for tender (RFT), request for proposal (RFP), request for information (RFI), and request for quotation (RFQ). These are collectively referred to as "Proposal Documents." The Proposal Specialist maximizes company revenue and profit through wins and sales generated by responses to Proposal Documents.Key Areas of Responsibility
- Research the customer to understand their environment, politics, limitations, hot points and other factors that will translate to a response that wins. Provide feedback to account managers, sales managers and directors regarding current and anticipated Proposal Documents.
- Assemble stakeholders (proposal project team) to identify roles, responsibilities and timelines. With project team, discern strategies and win themes and incorporate into capture plan.
- Engage necessary internal resources such as Contract Negotiators, Program Managers and other company departments; engage outside resources such as vendors, partners and customers.
- Assist in the development of a pricing strategy, as applicable, and account for applicable costs to maximize profit.
- Prepare professionally written responses to Proposal Documents that specifically address customer requirements while positioning CDW for success; ensure compliance, accuracy, timeliness and that win-theme is consistent and apparent.
- Document and report on project status including eventual capture information and proper close out of opportunities including proposal debriefing and transition to Program Management, where applicable.
- Actively participate in department-sponsored and other training programs as applicable.
- Contribute to the shared resources of the department and company through contributions to content library and/or template development
- Contribute to department or company projects assigned.
- When required, attend industry days or pre-proposal functions.
- Lead post-submission exercises such as presentations, clarifications, ‘best and final offers’ and protests, where applicable.
Other Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2 year(s) writing editorial experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Office Applications and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up
- Deadline focused and ability to work under time constraints
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and other coworkers
- General IT product, contract and customer knowledge
- Project Management experience
- Working knowledge of purchasing requirements
- Familiarity with proposal assembly software
- Professional certifications such as APMP (Association of Proposal Management Professionals) or PMI (Project Management Institute)
We are a unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers. Our coworkers aspire every single day to be better than they were yesterday because we know success means never being satisfied. We believe winning requires balance - a combination of assigned work and freethinking, quick wins and quick breaks. When our coworkers enjoy what they do and who they're with, they do their best work. And that means everyone wins. Our Benefits
CDW offers a variety of benefits, perks and development programs that enable coworkers to perform at their best personally and professionally. We understand the importance of work/life harmony and strive to help our coworkers achieve it. Core benefits include:
Who We Are
- Health & Wellness
- Financial Security
- Learning & Development
- Work/Life Balance
- Coworker Perks
- Community Service
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces and workspaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. Our coworkers across the globe are working together to bring technology to life for our customers. Awards and Recognitions
- Ranked #191 on the Fortune 500 list
- Ranked #24 on Computerworld’s 2019 Best Places to work in IT
- Ranked #10 on Fairygodboss’s list of the 2019 Best Companies for Women