The Bid Desk Specialist facilitates all partner, vendor, and internal bid programs to help the CDW Sales Organization offer the best and most competitive price on products carried. The Bid Desk Specialist implements special bid pricing to help CDW Sales increase company margin and revenue. The Bid Desk Specialist proactively implements, analyzes and maintains special pricing programs through ongoing communication with Sales, Marketing, Procurement, Accounting and Manufacturer representatives.Key Areas of Responsibility
- Validate end user eligibility; enter associated costs and discounts based on the terms and conditions of bid programs within AS400. Validations must be determined within set time frames.
- Shop and negotiate with individual partners to obtain optimal pricing for specific end user opportunities.
- Address basic bid processing issues as they arise from sales via email, phone, or bid text.
- Minimize “write-off’s” and escalate issues as necessary to the appropriate partner representative.
- Identify areas of opportunity for process improvements and system enhancements and make associated recommendations to increase efficiencies.
- Maintain key programs within the channel, primarily those of CDW Diamond Partners.
- Provide Sales with the highest level of service.
- Assist in projects related to departmental initiatives and goals.
- Understand rebate collection process and how it pertains to daily processing; work directly with accounting department to resolve any discrepancies regarding bid pricing.
- Multi-task between multiple bid programs
- Create and maintain relationships with partners to work effectively with partners to implement new pricing programs for Sales.
- The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- 3 years working in a purchasing role or 2-years CDW experience
- Experience with high volume order processing or other administrative processing experience
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- High school diploma or equivalent
Other Required Qualifications
- Working knowledge of AS400
- Experience in Data Metrics and Analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Deadline driven
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Strong time management skills
- Proven ability to multitask and balance multiple priorities simultaneously
- College Diploma or Bachelor’s degree.
- Customer Service or Sales experience
We are a unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers. Our coworkers aspire every single day to be better than they were yesterday because we know success means never being satisfied. We believe winning requires balance - a combination of assigned work and freethinking, quick wins and quick breaks. When our coworkers enjoy what they do and who they're with, they do their best work. And that means everyone wins. Our Benefits
CDW offers a variety of benefits, perks and development programs that enable coworkers to perform at their best personally and professionally. We understand the importance of work/life harmony and strive to help our coworkers achieve it. Core benefits include:
- Health & Wellness
- Financial Security
- Learning & Development
- Work/Life Balance
- Coworker Perks
- Community Service
Who We Are
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces and workspaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. Our coworkers across the globe are working together to bring technology to life for our customers. Awards and Recognitions
- Ranked #191 on the Fortune 500 list
- Ranked #24 on Computerworld’s 2019 Best Places to work in IT
- Ranked #10 on Fairygodboss’s list of the 2019 Best Companies for Women