The Manager, Specialists proactively drives revenue and profit results through the team of Partner Specialists, Solution Specialists, and Business Development Managers they will be leading. This role works directly with the PPM, Integrated Technology & Sales Leadership as well as technology partners, to drive further integration of Partner and Solution Specialists and Business Development Managers in proactive and reactive activities to drive sales. The Specialist Supervisor brings together knowledge of lead generation, technology, quotes, bid opportunities, and the market to identify deals for the team and win them. This role is integral in identifying net new business for both CDW and the assigned brand. The Manager, Specialists demonstrates a laser-like focus in leading the Specialists organization to achieve finance, operations, customer, and coworker targets. To realize these targets, Manager, Specialists must balance a strong financial and operational results focus with a strong coworker and customer emphasis.Key Areas of Responsibility
- Be a subject matter expert on the designated partner’s products, programs and go to market strategies that the team is aligned to and communicate them to CDW sales.
- Assist Partner and Solution specialists with account mapping and field alignment activities with partners and sales.
- Create sales plans and activities with Business Development Managers to focus them on hunting and driving net new business with their brands.
- Attend customer facing events and/or conference calls to communicate the value add of CDW.
- Facilitate training for the team on their assigned partners, or on competitive technologies to allow them to best represent their solutions to customers and sellers.
- Develop and execute to quarterly sales plan.
- Complete monthly reporting on team utilization, including sales engagement, pipeline and market trends.
- Cultivate relationships between partner sales team, CDW Sales, & Leadership teams.
- Act as a liaison between CDW Sales, Integrated Technology, and Product and Partner Management (PPM) to identify opportunities for product, program and partner alignment improvements.
- Understand the market trends impacting the partners the team represents as well as be able to identify and communicate wins/challenges of the business internally and externally.
- Have excellent knowledge of CDW service offerings and the process in which account managers attach them to products.
- Proficient in CDW tools and process such as SPS, AS400, bid desk, returns etc.
- Develop and track KPIs for all roles in the Specialists organization to help focus the team and achieve CDW and partner goals.
- Support discussion with partners and PPM around investment in CDW coworkers in Specialists team to help drive growth their brand is looking for with CDW.
- Facilitate training for the team on new or critical CDW offers, which includes those for the brands they are assigned and attach items like warranty, services, etc.
- Maintain effective communications with all stakeholders
- Provide monthly progress reports to Integrated Technology and PPM leadership
- Represent the team, or a specifically assigned brand, in meetings and speak to brand performance, category performance, program/promotion results, and current initiatives.
- Engage in meetings with partners to discuss the needs of other Partner or Solutions specialists for their brands to help grow their sales with CDW Canada,
- Provide comprehensive reporting both internally and externally on team performance, category performance, industry trends, and market share
- Develop and maintain KPIs for each role and each brand to ensure they are aligned with CDW goals and the partner goals required in funding contracts.
- Travel as needed
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree 4 years’ experience in technology sales/marketing OR
- 3 years CDW PPM experience + 1-year experience in sales/marketing + 1 year experience in ITS
- Technical knowledge and aptitude
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage peers to attain critical results.
- Other Required Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including partner, CDW, and customer executives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask.
- Demonstrated financial and business acumen.
- Ability to think strategically and analyze information
- Strong willingness to learn
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years’ experience in Sales and/or Marketing
- Established relationships and 2 years’ experience selling
- Previous responsibility for monthly & quarterly sales targets.
- Established track record of successful quote driven sales attainment
- Outstanding phone, platform speaking and presentation ability
- Familiarity in directing and maintaining enterprise-level sales proposals and contracts
- Strong working knowledge of the assigned market with a focus on additional learning
- Relevant industry certifications
- Experience leading a team
- Experience developing processes
We are a unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers. Our coworkers aspire every single day to be better than they were yesterday because we know success means never being satisfied. We believe winning requires balance - a combination of assigned work and freethinking, quick wins and quick breaks. When our coworkers enjoy what they do and who they're with, they do their best work. And that means everyone wins. Our Benefits
CDW offers a variety of benefits, perks and development programs that enable coworkers to perform at their best personally and professionally. We understand the importance of work/life harmony and strive to help our coworkers achieve it. Core benefits include:
Who We Are
- Health & Wellness
- Financial Security
- Learning & Development
- Work/Life Balance
- Coworker Perks
- Community Service
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces and workspaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. Our coworkers across the globe are working together to bring technology to life for our customers. Awards and Recognitions
- Ranked #191 on the Fortune 500 list
- Ranked #24 on Computerworld’s 2019 Best Places to work in IT
- Ranked #10 on Fairygodboss’s list of the 2019 Best Companies for Women