The Accounts Payable Payment and Expense Analyst is a second level accounts payable position which provides direct support for processing day to day vendor invoices and internal coworker expenses. This role ensures expenses are properly reflected in the period for which they occur and contractual agreements are met to prevent additional costs to the organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain and analyze PeopleSoft eProcurement and/or Travel & Expense workflow ensuring proper approval structure.
- Process non-inventory invoices and/or Travel & Expense Reports, including analyses and resolution of any discrepancies.
- Communicate information to all necessary internal and external stakeholders, explaining accounting transactions and resolving accounting issues.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Involved with planning, organizing and control of process flow and payment of obligations and adherence to Accounts Payable policies and procedures.
- Reconcile and maintain accounts payable balance sheet accounts.
- General ledger operations including performing account reconciliations.
- Prepare journal entries and account accruals
- Assist with monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements and reports.
- Use various software applications, such as spreadsheets, and relational databases, to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
- Respond to coworker and vendor questions and issues in a professional and timely manner
Other Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years’ experience as an accountant or financial analyst
- Working knowledge in electronic accounts payable processing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively relay information to all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated ability to coach, motivate and mentor others.
- Involved in Special Project Teams
- Demonstrated analytical skills, with strong attention to details and the ability to explain discrepancies and make correction recommendations.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Working knowledge of an AS400 system.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance
- Experience with PeopleSoft Accounting Systems
- Experience using Blackline
We are a unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers. Our coworkers aspire every single day to be better than they were yesterday because we know success means never being satisfied. We believe winning requires balance - a combination of assigned work and freethinking, quick wins and quick breaks. When our coworkers enjoy what they do and who they're with, they do their best work. And that means everyone wins. Our Benefits
CDW offers a variety of benefits, perks and development programs that enable coworkers to perform at their best personally and professionally. We understand the importance of work/life harmony and strive to help our coworkers achieve it. Core benefits include:
Who We Are
- Health & Wellness
- Financial Security
- Learning & Development
- Work/Life Balance
- Coworker Perks
- Community Service
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces and workspaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. Our coworkers across the globe are working together to bring technology to life for our customers. Awards and Recognitions
- Ranked #191 on the Fortune 500 list
- Ranked #24 on Computerworld’s 2019 Best Places to work in IT
- Ranked #10 on Fairygodboss’s list of the 2019 Best Companies for Women