The Purchasing department is responsible for processing all orders that will be shipping from either manufacturer or distributor directly to the end user. The Purchasing team is responsible for working closely with our vendor partners and our internal/external customers in ensuring that all purchase orders are processed in a timely manner and billed correctly to CDW. The Purchasing Agent is responsible for buying products, providing product requirement guidance to Sales, and following through on fulfillment of each purchase. The Purchasing Agent will also be responsible to provide guidance and best business practices as well as negotiate pricing with our vendor partners. Essential Functions
- Purchase parts and products from distributors and manufacturers to fill customer orders.
- Have an in depth understanding of purchasing processes.
- Review and analyze purchase orders for all product lines
- Qualify or reject detailed directions all purchase orders.
- Establish and maintain vendor partner relationships.
- Work with partners as well as Sales to make necessary changes to purchase orders to fulfill those for our customers in a timely manner.
- Explain important internal processes to our vendor partners and Account Managers.
- Continually update the status of aging purchase orders, follow up with partners for information on scheduled shipments.
- Negotiate pricing for CDW to achieve the best pricing discount.
- Participate in conference calls with our vendor partners and our internal customers.
- Responsible for flow of information from our partners to CDW.
- Provide guidance to fellow coworkers and promote best business practices.
- Maintain internal customer relationships with different departments by maintaining professionalism and courtesy when working with others
- Assist in customer services requests
- Take initiative to look into issues and process inefficiencies with the partner, with minimal management direction.
- Maintain accurate delivery dates in the system
- Respond to emails within 2 hours
- Handling escalated issues when required
- Working with the team to manage daily workflow so that all inquiries are responded to by close of business day.
- Evaluate current processes and work on recommendations with management
- Requires instructions only on new procedures.
- Has a solid understanding of the job requirements and responsibilities and applies acquired skills in a day to day business.
- Manage work to reduce back order
Other Required Qualifications
- 1-2 years experience with AS400, Microsoft Word, Excel and email applications or equivalent.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task
- Must be detail focused
- Must be able to work independently and in a team oriented environment
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with Management, Peers and Coworkers.
- Ability to work rotating shifts
- Bachelors Degree or College Diploma
- Minimum 1-3 years of Purchasing experience
- Experience in technical purchasing
- IT knowledge
We are a unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers. Our coworkers aspire every single day to be better than they were yesterday because we know success means never being satisfied. We believe winning requires balance - a combination of assigned work and freethinking, quick wins and quick breaks. When our coworkers enjoy what they do and who they're with, they do their best work. And that means everyone wins. Our Benefits
CDW offers a variety of benefits, perks and development programs that enable coworkers to perform at their best personally and professionally. We understand the importance of work/life harmony and strive to help our coworkers achieve it. Core benefits include:
Who We Are
- Health & Wellness
- Financial Security
- Learning & Development
- Work/Life Balance
- Coworker Perks
- Community Service
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces and workspaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. Our coworkers across the globe are working together to bring technology to life for our customers. Awards and Recognitions
- Ranked #191 on the Fortune 500 list
- Ranked #24 on Computerworld’s 2019 Best Places to work in IT
- Ranked #10 on Fairygodboss’s list of the 2019 Best Companies for Women