Are you an individual who is motivated by curiosity, driven for success and excellent customer service? Do you like working in a fun, fast-paced and rapidly growing work environment? CDW is currently looking for an Information Security Analyst to join its 24x7 Security Operations Centre team.
The Security Operation Centre (SOC) Information Security Analyst is the second level of monitoring in the SOC. The position monitors and responds to security events from managed customer security systems as part of a team on a rotating 24 x 7 x 365 basis.
Your background should include exposure to security technologies including SIEM, firewalls, IPS/IDS, logging, monitoring and vulnerability management. You should have an understanding of network and security best practices. Excellent customer service while solving problems should be a top priority for you. CDW is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment so to be successful you’ll need to be a pro-active individual, take direction well, communicate succinctly and collaborate effectively.Responsibilities
- The security analyst monitors security events from the various SOC entry channels (SIEM, Tickets, Email and Phone), based on the security event severity, escalate to managed service support teams, tier 2 information security specialists, and/or customer as appropriate to perform further investigation and resolution.
- Recommend enhancements to SOC security process, procedures and policies.
- Participate in security incident management and vulnerability management processes
- Participate in evaluating, recommending, implementing, and troubleshooting security solutions and evaluating IT security of the new IT Infrastructure systems.
- Works as part of a team to ensure that corporate data and technology platform components are safeguarded from known threats
- Communicate effectively with customers, teammates, and management
- Provide input on tuning and optimization of security systems
- Follow ITIL practices regarding incident, problem and change management
- Document and maintain customer build documents, security procedures and processes.
- Staying up-to-date with emerging security threats including applicable regulatory security requirements.
- Be aware of the company's information security requirements, including Immediately reporting all breaches in information security to the CSO (Chief Security Officer) and take whatever other actions may be required of him or her under the terms of ISO 27001 information security policies, Information Security Management System (ISMS) and other company security policies and procedures.
- Be aware of and abide by all company policies and procedures (e.g. Employee Code of Conduct).
- Other responsibilities and additional duties as assigned by the security management team
- Security Operation Centre positions require employees to obtain and maintain a Government of Canada Level 2 – Secret security clearance.
- This role requires shift work – 12-hour shifts including after-hours availability as needed
- Bachelor's Degree / Diploma in a relevant area of study with a preference for Information Security, Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
Other Required Qualifications
- 1-3 years previous Security Operations Centre experience in conducting security investigations
- Information Security professional designations such as CISSP, CISM, CISA
- Security monitoring experience with one or more SIEM technologies – Q1 Radar, Splunk and intrusion detection technologies
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong written communication skills and presentation skills
- Self-starter, critical and strategic thinker, negotiator and consensus builder
- Good knowledge of IT including multiple operating systems and system administration skills (Windows, Solaris, Unix)
- Basic knowledge of client-server applications, multi-tier web applications, relational databases, firewalls, VPNs, and enterprise Anti-Virus products
- Strong understanding of security incident management, malware management and vulnerability management processes
- Experience with web content filtering technology - policy engineering and troubleshooting
- Strong understanding of networking principles including TCP/IP, WANs, LANs, and commonly used Internet protocols such as SMTP, HTTP, FTP, POP, LDAP
We are a unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers. Our coworkers aspire every single day to be better than they were yesterday because we know success means never being satisfied. We believe winning requires balance - a combination of assigned work and freethinking, quick wins and quick breaks. When our coworkers enjoy what they do and who they're with, they do their best work. And that means everyone wins. Our Benefits
CDW offers a variety of benefits, perks and development programs that enable coworkers to perform at their best personally and professionally. We understand the importance of work/life harmony and strive to help our coworkers achieve it. Core benefits include:
Who We Are
- Health & Wellness
- Financial Security
- Learning & Development
- Work/Life Balance
- Coworker Perks
- Community Service
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces and workspaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. Our coworkers across the globe are working together to bring technology to life for our customers. Awards and Recognitions
- Ranked #191 on the Fortune 500 list
- Ranked #24 on Computerworld’s 2019 Best Places to work in IT
- Ranked #10 on Fairygodboss’s list of the 2019 Best Companies for Women
- Customer Focus and Quality Management Responsibilities
- Each CDW coworker is responsible for maintaining customer focus and conforms to the CDW quality management system. Specific responsibilities include:
a) Periodic reviews of CDW Circle of Service Philosophy and the Quality Policy to understand CDW’s commitment to excellent client service and continual improvement and to conform to these policies and philosophies at all times
b) During your orientation period, review with your supervisor as needed the quality procedures and operating instructions listed at CDWHOME/ISO9001 intranet site that apply to your specific assignment(s) within the scope of this job position.
c) And after the orientation period to conform to these procedures and instructions, including any reporting (and/or record keeping) responsibilities.
d) Report any client problem, or any service outage that may cause potential client problems to your supervisor.
e) Communicate improvement ideas that you have regarding CDW service quality or client satisfaction per established means.
Each coworker is accountable for their actions and is required to exercise good judgment in everything they do on behalf of CDW. Part of that responsibility includes ensuring that you understand and live up to the values and standards we set for ourselves in the CDW Way, the CDW Way Code (our code of ethics and business conduct), and all policies and procedures relevant to your job responsibilities. Additionally, every coworker has a responsibility to ask questions when they are unsure of what those values, standards and policies require, and to take action if they believe someone else is not acting consistently with those values, standards and policies.
Additional information is available Connect, and confidential/anonymous assistance is available to coworkers through CDW Way Direct (our ethics helpline) at 877-7-CDW-WAY (877-723-9929) or www.cdw.ethicspoint.com.