This job posting is no longer active
Licensing Specialist acts as a software solutions expert for CDW Account Managers and assists customers in both a pre and post sales capacity with all facets of their software acquisition needs.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Advises on licensing inquiries for both on premise and cloud solutions from CDW Account Managers
- Acts as a consultant with customers to determine the best practice area technologies and licensing programs for their needs.
- Drives sales by promoting appropriate Microsoft software solutions to customers
- Proactively follows up with Account Managers and customers regarding license renewals or up-selling opportunities.
- When appropriate drives customer adoption, expansion and renewal of the core practice area technology.
- Attends license trainings and earns partner certifications.
Other Required Qualifications
- Willingness to learn and stay informed about current partner license programs and products and earn practice area certifications as needed.
- Flexibility, and adaptability
- College degree
- Two years of sales experience
- Outstanding software licensing, negotiation and closing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, Skype for business)
- Strong interpersonal skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with both internal and external customers, including all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task in a fast pace environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years industry experience in practice area Licensing and/or sales
- Current knowledge of practice area licensing models as well as core technologies.
Job Category: Sales General
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 10%