This job posting is no longer active
The Purchasing Supervisor manages the drop ship process of hardware, service and software items. The candidate is a leader within the purchasing department, having primary responsibility for supervising activities related to cost-effective procurement strategies so that company objectives are achieved by driving costs out of the process. This role oversees the placement of a high volume of daily orders. This position also partners with Sales, Product Management, and Finance to ensure service levels are achieved.Key Areas of Responsibility
- Performance management, coach, train, mentor, motivate, and develop coworkers.
- Support management with RFP process.
- Ensure vendor partners meet SLA on key aspects of the business.
- Manage Open PO’s and lead time to improve fill rates.
- Monitor aged inventory levels to achieve company goals.
- Manage turnaround time goals for each buyer.
- Monitor daily workflow to ensure that team responsibilities are completed and results are achieved.
- Monitor and report team results to management on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Enhance internal and external customer and vendor relationships.
- Maintain open communication and effective partnerships with all internal stakeholders cross-functionally.
- Identify areas of process improvement, make recommendations and implement appropriate changes.
- Track purchasing activities and KPI metrics such as PO activity, Open PO’s and turnaround time.
- Decrease lead times based on goals set by the management team.
- Identify improvements and future reporting needs.
- Communicate important concepts and update the team.
- Handle escalated issues when they arise.
- Help resolve inter-department issues.
- Identify and develop training opportunities.
- Create and present PowerPoint presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent purchasing experience
- 4 years’ experience in the Purchasing field
Other Required Qualifications
- Strong decision making ability and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels including Senior Leadership.
- Proven ability to multitask and balance multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to be flexible with the changing needs of our business.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills and the ability to create a healthy positive working environment.
- History of successful planning and execution with the ability to be a strategic thinker.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Possess good business acumen and understanding of the impact toward operational and financial results.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- 2 years’ previous experience managing a team.
- Working knowledge of an AS/400 system.
We are a unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers. Our coworkers aspire every single day to be better than they were yesterday because we know success means never being satisfied. We believe winning requires balance - a combination of assigned work and freethinking, quick wins and quick breaks. When our coworkers enjoy what they do and who they're with, they do their best work. And that means everyone wins. Our Benefits
CDW offers a variety of benefits, perks and development programs that enable coworkers to perform at their best personally and professionally. We understand the importance of work/life harmony and strive to help our coworkers achieve it. Core benefits include:
Who We Are
- Health & Wellness
- Financial Security
- Learning & Development
- Work/Life Balance
- Coworker Perks
- Community Service
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces and workspaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. Our coworkers across the globe are working together to bring technology to life for our customers. Awards and Recognitions
- Ranked #191 on the Fortune 500 list
- Ranked #24 on Computerworld’s 2019 Best Places to work in IT
- Ranked #10 on Fairygodboss’s list of the 2019 Best Companies for Women
Job Category: Product and Partner Management
Job Type: Full-Time
Travel Percentage: 10%