The Solution Services Team designs and deliver solutions with the objective to optimize and automate by leveraging tools, process, and people to ultimately reduce cost and drive efficiency.
This is achieved by the following:
- A highly technical team reviews all current technologies used and available to provide a recommendation of how to best utilize and implement a solution.
- By leveraging ITIL’s Continuous Improvements methodology, processes are developed to minimize inefficiencies.
- Provide comprehensive training material and standardized templates to produce repeatable results from the team.
This opportunity is to be part of the technical delivery team to review current toolsets to maximize value of our existing investments, drive process improvements and provide a turnkey solution for our customers.
As part of the team, you will be a member of a highly innovative solutions environment where the people are dedicated and focused on continuous learning and growth opportunities. How You’ll Succeed
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to design and develop cost-effective and innovative solutions to meet business objectives while also maintaining existing ScienceLogic application
- Liaising with the Service Operations Coworkers to produce detailed code, testing, and documentation to ensure successful solution implementation and maintenance of modules
- Expanding the technical capabilities of the team and operational knowledge of the ScienceLogic platform
- Expertly analyzing and monitoring our ScienceLogic instance to be proactive rather than reactive when system anomalies arise
- Work directly with ScienceLogic and internal CDW teams to execute the ScienceLogic Realisation plan ╘
- Acts as an escalation point for ScienceLogic issues
- Assists with all ScienceLogic support cases during periods of heavy volume
- Leads support efforts for internal/external customers who have been determined to have Critical value
- Coordinates with Service Delivery Managers to address any technical issues impacting a Customer’s success
- Actively engages ScienceLogic Technical Support personnel to ensure proper handling of questions and issues to which they have been assigned
- Escalates software bugs or feature enhancements to ScienceLogic
- Acts as a subject matter expert in more than one area of the product
- Autonomously works on projects and more complex assignments with tangible results delivering benefits to the organizations
- Proactively looks for ways to improve processes and innovate the support experience
- Builds relationships and partnerships with other CDW teams
- Mentors and trains new and existing team members
- Proactively shares information and expertise regarding recent fixes, and best practices
- Provides on-call and shift coverage as required
- Design, write and deliver scripts and automation code to improve the availability, scalability, reliability, and efficiency of our entire Managed Services department.
- Build new self-service and automation capabilities to provide enhanced services for our Managed Services department.
- Prevent problem recurrence through repeatable automated processing.
- Collaborate with service delivery team to identify bottlenecks and challenges in order to provide automation and efficiency capabilities.
- Optimize virtual infrastructure and service desk call center delivery.
- Complete complex tasks with minimal supervision.
- Present and communicate to management level on project progress and design ideas.
- Assist with research, design, planning, coordination and implementation of new platform capabilities used by Managed Services including; remote management, monitoring, ticketing, account administration, password reset.
- Review current toolsets and unlock capabilities not leveraged by Managed Services.
- Participate in process improvement discussions and provide technical insight.
- Assist with packaging service offerings provided by Sales and Marketing.
- Provide training and support for team members to foster growth and collaboration.
Other Required Qualifications
- The key to being successful in this role within CDW is being an analytical thinker and an collaborative team player. You must be passionate about helping customers be successful with SL1.
- A Computer Science degree or equivalent in real-world experience.
- 5 years of IT experience with 1 years of automation experience.
- 3+ years prior experience in the support of complex, Linux based enterprise software applications
- 2+ years SQL experience. You should be able to construct complex SQL statements to query and occasionally update information in a MariaDB/MySQL database
- 3+ years Linux administration. Must be familiar with common administrative commands as well as able to write scripts in one of the major shells
- 2+ years SNMP experience. Must demonstrate familiarity with snmpwalk, mibs and oids
- 2+ years networking experience. Must demonstrate experience with firewalls, routers and general network fundamentals
- 2+ years prior experience with any monitoring tool (EM7/SL1 Preferred)
- Ability to function effectively as Lead in escalated cases working directly with customers and coordinating internal effort to address customer issues
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to diagnose and solve complex technical issues
- Ability to professionally perform and communicate in stressful and high impacting situations
- Excellent technical design and documentation skills and be able to train other team members and help with the design and build of various solutions.
- A strong understanding of ITIL practices.
- Project management experience and skills
- Superior organization skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences.
- Effective at managing multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meeting deadlines and working well under pressure, along with proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills and a strong ability to diffuse tense customer situations and project a positive, confident outlook.
- Able to participate in afterhours work as required.
- Practical experience with DRBD, Corosync and Pacemaker
- Practical experience with PHP and/or Python
We are a unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers. Our coworkers aspire every single day to be better than they were yesterday because we know success means never being satisfied. We believe winning requires balance - a combination of assigned work and freethinking, quick wins and quick breaks. When our coworkers enjoy what they do and who they're with, they do their best work. And that means everyone wins. Our Benefits
CDW offers a variety of benefits, perks and development programs that enable coworkers to perform at their best personally and professionally. We understand the importance of work/life harmony and strive to help our coworkers achieve it. Core benefits include:
Who We Are
- Health & Wellness
- Financial Security
- Learning & Development
- Work/Life Balance
- Coworker Perks
- Community Service
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces and workspaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. Our coworkers across the globe are working together to bring technology to life for our customers. Awards and Recognitions
- Ranked #191 on the Fortune 500 list
- Ranked #24 on Computerworld’s 2019 Best Places to work in IT
- Ranked #10 on Fairygodboss’s list of the 2019 Best Companies for Women