Independently manages projects or acts as Project Manager within a program working under the guidance of more experienced coworkers. Owns all aspects of a product or service offering for a client, from inception to installation. Integrally involved in interaction with sales, consultants, stakeholders and other members of cross-functional teams. Projects are typically of low to medium complexity and risk incorporating mainstream, legacy and select emerging technologies. Utilizes existing project management templates and customizes these templates as needed. Manages schedules and budgets to ensure goal attainment. The CDW Project Manager acts as project advocate ensuring success for all stakeholders by driving for results, making the tough call, and building strong relationships with project stakeholders. The CDW Project Manager acts as project advocate ensuring success for all stakeholders by driving for results, making the tough call, and building strong relationships with project stakeholders.
- Manages Stakeholders: Creates and maintains presence with all project stakeholders acting as a CDW steward for quality. Dedicated to meeting or exceeding stakeholder expectations. Identifies success criteria and ensures that it is met by involving the stakeholders in key decisions.
- Negotiation: Recognizes the need for negotiations, gathers relevant information and seeks advice when needed from sales and management before proceeding. Negotiates small changes (cost, scope, effort, schedule solution, resource commitment, etc.) to agreeable result. Effective in negotiating changes to achieve stakeholder satisfaction and project results.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making: Works with team members to gather information and determine possible/probable impacts to the project, document mitigation steps taken in troubleshooting and communicate these to the team and customer.
- Project Management: Independently manages projects adhering to CDW’s project management methodology.
- Accountable for project financial and maintaining profitability. Monitors, interprets and communicates project budget.
- Ensures that time, expenses and invoices are accurately tracked and approved against the project in a timely manner.
- Validates initial project scope and estimates. Manages change order process including determining the need for a new Statement of Work versus a Change Order.
- Ensures all items defined in CDW Statement of Work are delivered and performs quality assurance throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Identifies and successfully mitigates project risks.
- Establishes monitors, adjusts and communicates tasks and associated schedule to the project team. Remediating when necessary.
- Aids in identifying proper resources and optimizing billable schedules, monitoring and adjusting assignments as necessary.
- Identifies, documents, tracks and communicates project issues, aids in bringing to resolution.
- Manages equipment, software, licensing and outside services procurement and delivery schedules.
- Documents outcomes, lessons learned and shares appropriately with colleagues.
- Leadership: Takes accountability for project results. Is fiscally responsible to the client, the project and to CDW. Holds project team accountable.
- Instills trust with our clients by building strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Leverages business acumen and political savvy as well as relevant personal and CDW experience to build credibility.
- Demonstrates ability to diffuse uncomfortable situations with client and/or project team.
- Leads teams to consistently meet project success factors and exceed client expectations.
- Inspects delegated tasks to insure timely and accurate completion.
- Stays abreast of industry best practices through research, conferences, training seminars and participation in professional associations. Shares information across the project management team.
- Communication: Determines the appropriate documentation (communication plans, schedules/timelines, status reports, quality plan, closure summary, budget, risk plan, etc.) for projects. Manages the quality and delivery of documentation to clients.
Other Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or computer related field or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience in delivery quality Infrastructure, Project Management or 3 years of CDW Services experience
- Participate productively in virtual teams in order to improve Project Management processes
- Demonstrated ability take accountability for projects and their results, be fiscally responsible and lead teams to meet project success factors
- Working knowledge of one or more formal project management methodologies
- Proficiency with tools such as Microsoft Project/Office, Jira, Kanban boards, etc.
- Ability to leverage business acumen, political savvy, relevant personal and CDW experience, perseverance and communication skills to build credibility
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective
- Applies discretion when dealing with sensitive/confidential information
- Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% or as needed to other CDW locations, meetings and client sites
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize. Ability to apply common sense in performing job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines. Ability to travel as needed.
- Industry standard project management certifications (CAPM or PMP)
- Industry standard IT certifications (ITIL)
- Relevant experience working in partner and/or channel delivered solution model
- Working knowledge of Salesforce
We are a unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers. Our coworkers aspire every single day to be better than they were yesterday because we know success means never being satisfied. We believe winning requires balance - a combination of assigned work and freethinking, quick wins and quick breaks. When our coworkers enjoy what they do and who they're with, they do their best work. And that means everyone wins. Our Benefits
CDW offers a variety of benefits, perks and development programs that enable coworkers to perform at their best personally and professionally. We understand the importance of work/life harmony and strive to help our coworkers achieve it. Core benefits include:
Who We Are
- Health & Wellness
- Financial Security
- Learning & Development
- Work/Life Balance
- Coworker Perks
- Community Service
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces and workspaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. Our coworkers across the globe are working together to bring technology to life for our customers. Awards and Recognitions
- Ranked #191 on the Fortune 500 list
- Ranked #24 on Computerworld’s 2019 Best Places to work in IT
- Ranked #10 on Fairygodboss’s list of the 2019 Best Companies for Women