You will be responsible for reviewing and understanding customer inputs, working collaboratively within an interdisciplinary range of colleagues and with stakeholders.CDW is seeking for a driven and solution-oriented Security Services Advisor (SSA) to join our Toronto Cyber Security team. The successful candidate will play a crucial role within the CDW security organization. The SSA will be the bridge between CDW Managed Services (MS) and the clients consuming the MS services. The SSA should have a solid understanding of security concepts and be able to articulate complex security concepts in an easy to understand business terms.
The SSA will work closely with the client and CDW operations team. In this role, the SSA will be the voice of CDW security in front of the clients and will act as the client’s trusted security advisor. The SSA will ensure that client’s security requests and concerts are translated in technical terms and implemented properly to address client’s concerns. This role will require strong communication and security knowledge. As client’s trusted security advisor, the SSA will provide accurate recommendations to the clients on how to improve their security posture.Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for reviewing and understanding customer inputs, working collaboratively within an interdisciplinary range of colleagues and with stakeholders.
- You will analyze and synthesize information, assess cyber security risk areas and seek opportunities to make recommendations on potential course of action.
- You will be working in a laboratory environment to develop and execute test cases, monitor system design, provide design advice and troubleshoot various systems which would support the laboratory and operational environment.
- In addition, you will collaborate with the Cyber Security Architect on any system security requirement adjustments and work with the Cyber Security Specialist to integrate the system security requirements within their specialty.
- You will communicate issues, requests and status related to technologies under management directly with client and Managed Services (MS) senior management
- You will be responsible for day to day Operational governance of managed security technologies such as Managed SIEM, Managed Next Generation Firewalls, End Point security, etc.
- You will act as a Trusted Security Advisor to the client and proactively communicate security news, including newly discovered threats and vulnerabilities, industry updates, and events or applicable security webcasts
- You will provide visibility and leadership to MS and client in critical situations and sensitive projects
- You will coordinate, review, and deliver security reports to MS clients
- You will coordinate security escalations and engage the appropriate delivery teams to resolve security issues
- You will conduct periodic MS operational/security review teleconferences or on-site meetings, per contractual agreements, with client key stakeholders.
- You will prepare and deliver weekly, monthly, reports, reviews that illustrate the value CDW brings to the client as agreed per client governance schedule
- You will work with service delivery managers to perform periodic security contract reviews and update account information on a regular basis, understand current and future client security priorities to recognize potential scope expansions; identify gaps in service or new client requirements
- You will measure deviations from established contract baselines on a monthly basis and initiate, as appropriate, Project Change Requests via the appropriate project change control procedure
- You will monitor contract compliance of both parties (CDW & Client)
- You will work jointly with the client to manage the priority of new event source deployment when applicable to the service
Other Required Qualifications
- University undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, science or equivalent
- Understanding of security frameworks like NIST, ISO27001, etc.
- Be familiar with security compliance such as PCI, SOC I, SOC II
- Passion for Security
- At least 3 years of experience performing client management roles in a technical capacity including reporting, relationship management etc
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- High degree of initiative and work habits that accomplish functional and business goals with autonomy.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Canadian Security. Eligibility to work in Canada either as a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Industry certification such as CISSP, CEH, OSCP, GSEC, CISM, CISA, etc., or other related security certifications would be viewed as an asset
- Knowledge and experience with current government and industry standards such as CSE ITS Guidance, DISA STIGs, ITSG-33, ITSG-22, NIST SP-800 suite, ISO/IEC and other related standards is an asset.
- Knowledge or experience of Security Operations Center (SOC) technologies such as Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Intrusion Detection System (IDS), Intrusion prevention System (IPS), and machine learning technologies is an asset.
We are a unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers. Our coworkers aspire every single day to be better than they were yesterday because we know success means never being satisfied. We believe winning requires balance - a combination of assigned work and freethinking, quick wins and quick breaks. When our coworkers enjoy what they do and who they're with, they do their best work. And that means everyone wins. Our Benefits
CDW offers a variety of benefits, perks and development programs that enable coworkers to perform at their best personally and professionally. We understand the importance of work/life harmony and strive to help our coworkers achieve it. Core benefits include:
Who We Are
- Health & Wellness
- Financial Security
- Learning & Development
- Work/Life Balance
- Coworker Perks
- Community Service
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces and workspaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. Our coworkers across the globe are working together to bring technology to life for our customers. Awards and Recognitions
- Ranked #191 on the Fortune 500 list
- Ranked #24 on Computerworld’s 2019 Best Places to work in IT
- Ranked #10 on Fairygodboss’s list of the 2019 Best Companies for Women