This position supports the sku creation and continued maintenance of vendor product, ensuring CDW Canada can sell products to our customer base. The Datalab Specialist creates detailed product records (including product attributes and accessories) which appear on our extranet site and internally in our SPS programs. Using manufacturer part numbers and descriptions, the Datalab Specialist will set up EDCs for our internal and external sites. Key Areas of Responsibility
- Create and maintain accurate sku data in AS400 as information comes from our sales team via New-12.
- Provide additional information as internal customers request updates, sku maintenance, set up and ensure service level agreements are met.
- Ensure all cost changes are accurate in the system as driven by vendor and distributor announcements.
- Work in conjunction with the Product Partner Management team for processing and updating costs.
- Manage the Datalab mailbox which contains email queries from our Sales and PPM teams.
- Categorize new product records into the applicable product groups.
- Search internal database as well as manufacturer internet websites to find product attributes
- Research and identify new products, alternative suppliers for hard to find product and alternative manufacturers
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- College degree
- 2+ years in Data Management/Analytics field
- Industry product knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook), and typing skills
- Computer literate with proficiency in internet browser usage
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ industry experience
- Advanced Computer literacy with sharp analytical skills and product knowledge
- Working knowledge of AS400 an asset
We are a unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers. Our coworkers aspire every single day to be better than they were yesterday because we know success means never being satisfied. We believe winning requires balance - a combination of assigned work and freethinking, quick wins and quick breaks. When our coworkers enjoy what they do and who they're with, they do their best work. And that means everyone wins. Our Benefits
CDW offers a variety of benefits, perks and development programs that enable coworkers to perform at their best personally and professionally. We understand the importance of work/life harmony and strive to help our coworkers achieve it. Core benefits include:
Who We Are
- Health & Wellness
- Financial Security
- Learning & Development
- Work/Life Balance
- Coworker Perks
- Community Service
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces and workspaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. Our coworkers across the globe are working together to bring technology to life for our customers. Awards and Recognitions
- Ranked #191 on the Fortune 500 list
- Ranked #24 on Computerworld’s 2019 Best Places to work in IT
- Ranked #10 on Fairygodboss’s list of the 2019 Best Companies for Women