Coach, mentor, motivate and develop a team of Proposal Writers to include supervisors as applicable that support specific CDW sales segments or regions to accelerate revenue growth by providing proposal management and support. This position will work closely with the senior management team and present findings and analysis to senior management.Key Areas of Responsibility
- Coordinate and manage the effort to recruit, hire and train proposal and support staff including, and execute activities such as goal setting, project identification, developing IDPs, and writing annual appraisals.
- Maintain the tracking mechanism, generate periodic reporting and communicate departmental productivity and capture results.
- Develop appropriate project plans, staffing plans and management plans.
- Monitor and ensure proposed contractual terms and conditions are aligned with CDW preferred position.
- Contribute to top opportunities by taking a hands-on, developmental role in all facets of proposal development, including capture strategies.
- Provide consultation and development to coworkers to assist in achievement of their professional goals. Delegate tasks, motivate the team, and provide consistent direction to manage the cumulative efforts of the group to highest ROI for CDW.
- Prepare regular internal reviews of proposal team performance specific to individual win rates and quality of proposal product.
- Develop strategic business plans by segment/region for contract capture to support the sales organization.
- Coordinate smooth contract award transition to the Program Management team to mitigate risk and ensure compliance with all deliverables.
- Manage corporate communication relevant to subordinates.
- Seeks new business opportunities; reviews solicitations and evaluates them.
- Works with other CDW departments to resolve issues.
- Identify and champion projects targeted at improved efficiency and/or quality of responses.
Qualifications Minimum Education and/or Professional Experience Qualifications
Other Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience.
- Participation in successful proposal or project management efforts.
- 5 years relevant experience: Sales, Sales Operations, Business Analysis, Financial analysis or related field.
- Ability to facilitate change and delegate responsibility while managing multiple priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to travel as needed to various CDW locations. (10-25% travel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with coworkers, management and executives.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills required along with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions while working independently.
- Ability to align performance for success and build a successful team.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and coach as an immediate supervisor.
- Demonstrated project management success with measurable results.
- Two years Management experience.
- Experience managing teams within CDW.
- Experience in or working with Sales and specifically IT.
- Experience with Financial and Business modeling.
We are a unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers. Our coworkers aspire every single day to be better than they were yesterday because we know success means never being satisfied. We believe winning requires balance - a combination of assigned work and freethinking, quick wins and quick breaks. When our coworkers enjoy what they do and who they're with, they do their best work. And that means everyone wins. Our Benefits
CDW offers a variety of benefits, perks and development programs that enable coworkers to perform at their best personally and professionally. We understand the importance of work/life harmony and strive to help our coworkers achieve it. Core benefits include:
Who We Are
- Health & Wellness
- Financial Security
- Learning & Development
- Work/Life Balance
- Coworker Perks
- Community Service
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces and workspaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. Our coworkers across the globe are working together to bring technology to life for our customers. Awards and Recognitions
- Ranked #191 on the Fortune 500 list
- Ranked #24 on Computerworld’s 2019 Best Places to work in IT
- Ranked #10 on Fairygodboss’s list of the 2019 Best Companies for Women