The Supervisor, Services Contracts is responsible for leading the team who prepares, processes and negotiates Statements of Work (SOWs) for CDW badged and 3rd party services. The Supervisor, Services Contracts will train, develop, and supervise the members of the Services Contracts team as well as drive SOW workload to completion while balancing against risk to the business. This role will create and use metrics and reporting to support the goals of the department and organization. The supervisor role will also implement and execute process improvements that drive positive results in turnaround time and customer satisfaction internally and externally int eh organization. In addition to these primary duties, the Supervisor, Services Contracts shall assist the Manager, Services Contracts team with the development of contracting tools, documents and procedures. Key Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure execution of processing and preparation of all SOW (Statements of Work) for specified segment(s) of the business.
- Responsible for driving operational excellence through process improvement ideas, input and implementation of process changes.
- Serves as escalation point for SOW expedites
- Ensure proper drafting, review and negotiation of Customer-facing agreements and related contract documents are conducted by the team members within a specified segment(s) of the business.
- Maintain and build relationships with counterparts: public sector customers, private sector customers, subcontractors and/or vendors, as applicable to team.
- Address SOW process and contract-related issues as they arise, with appropriate escalation to the Manager of Contracts or legal counsel when required.
- Ensure proper compliance with SOW processes and guidelines.
- Propose updates to, and assist with the development and training of SOW Drafting Process
- Monitor team metrics and goals for, including but not limited to, high performance standards and reporting obligations as established
- Train, mentor, coach and develop team members to achieve their professional goals and properly coordinate team assignments to ensure even distribution of work.
- Engage with leadership and stakeholders to maximize business value and minimize risk.
- Offer suggestions and input to assist with the SOW process for use with customers and providers.
- Work with other CDW departments to resolve issues.
- Additional duties may be assigned on an as needed basis.
Qualifications Minimum Education and/or Professional Experience Qualifications
Other Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three years of business experience with drafting and editing contracts or business agreements
- Proven leadership ability.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with a comprehensive command of legal terms and phrasing.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to recognize and address both business and legal risks and opportunities.
- Abilities to multi-task, to perform well under tight time constraints, to meet hard deadlines, and to respond quickly to emergent issues with poise and composure.
- A diplomatic and professional approach to business contacts.
- Proficiency with PC and command of Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and Outlook.
- 4 to 5 years of business and/or legal experience with mastery of contract drafting and negotiation.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Professional technical services contract administration experience
- Editing, technical writing, contract drafting or other precision-writing related experience
- System and database management experience.
We are a unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers and problem solvers. Our coworkers aspire every single day to be better than they were yesterday because we know success means never being satisfied. We believe winning requires balance - a combination of assigned work and freethinking, quick wins and quick breaks. When our coworkers enjoy what they do and who they're with, they do their best work. And that means everyone wins. Our Benefits
CDW offers a variety of benefits, perks and development programs that enable coworkers to perform at their best personally and professionally. We understand the importance of work/life harmony and strive to help our coworkers achieve it. Core benefits include:
Who We Are
- Health & Wellness
- Financial Security
- Learning & Development
- Work/Life Balance
- Coworker Perks
- Community Service
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces and workspaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, combined with the expertise of our specialists, there is no request too big or too small. Our coworkers across the globe are working together to bring technology to life for our customers. Awards and Recognitions
- Ranked #191 on the Fortune 500 list
- Ranked #24 on Computerworld’s 2019 Best Places to work in IT
- Ranked #10 on Fairygodboss’s list of the 2019 Best Companies for Women